cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

switched provider to Vodaphone but now can't get incoming calls which is vitally important

Mazzy13
4: Newbie

Switchd ed from Tact lktalk to Vodaphone and can't get incoming calls but can phone out. Everything else is ok. Contacted Vodaphone twice who keep saying it will activate soon but nothing. I need this phone for emergency contact from my mother. Getting really anxious and wish I hadn't switched.

14 REPLIES 14

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Mazzy13 - I understand how important it is to get this sorted and your landline number working correctly. It sounds like we'll need to look into your account to see what's what with this. A long with the question @Jayach has asked, could you please drop us a DM on social media? Make sure to include your landline/account number, a link to this forum thread and your forum username to save you repeating yourself.

If you're with Gigafast or Pro Broadband please get in touch with the dedicated team on 191 (from a Vodafone number), 0333 304 0191 (from an alternative umber) or livechat.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Mazzy13 Try dialling 17070, it should report your number.

17070 – Line test service, (confirms phone number before menu options). This number should work on all networks (Openreach, Sky and Virgin Media), although the options given will be different. Openreach menu options are below.

1. Ringback
    Calls the CLI back, to test the line. This option will not appear if your CLI is blocked. Dial 1470 before 17070 if your line blocks it’s number by default.
  2. Quiet line test
    Line will go silent so you can hear any noise on the line.
  3. Fast test
    Does a basic line test (testing the line from the exchange to the master socket). Note that the test equipment is separate equipment in the exchange, so if your issue lays in the exchange, this test may miss it.
  4. Fast cleanse
    I’m not sure at this time what this option does.
  5. Clear down
    Hangs up the call (can be used to exit the call)

To identify the line provider, call 150 for customer services and see what company it is.

This info from: Useful shortcodes when diagnosing UK phone line issues - BeachyUK

Edit: Just remembered you are on FTTP, so those probably won't work, Sorry.

Hi, Are you saying 17070 doesnt work with FTTP ? I have that issue and thought it was a fault.

Ripshod

17070 is not available with digital voice services as its a pstn exchange service. 

OK thanks for confirming.