cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GigaCube 5G - Full Signal but no 5G Connection?!

DubblyDub
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I saw another thread, title Unstable 5G - Seems this is an issue that keeps on giving.

My Gigacube is showing excellent ~90 in it's scores, with strong 5G signal.

However, it hasn't actually connceted to the 5G network since the day I've got it - I had it for a couple of hours (And was blown away at how good it was).  

Your facebook chat, technical services have me going in circles, initially you said there was maintenance work, yet nothing was advertised on your network coverage checker - 2 days later, tried customer services again and they then said my SIM was faulty, then said they'd send me a new one (Nothing recieved).  Whilst this was happening your facebook team came back and said it was not the SIM and that it was maintenance works. Which were now showing on your coverage checker, despite continuously having strong 5G signal I've never actually connected to the network.

You signed me up for alerts on the progress, yet aside from a confirmation I was signed up no alerts were recieved.

Now I see there is no maintenance work on your coverage checker, signal is strong and yet I still have no 5G service - Although I have a strong signal.

Obviously I want to resolve this, but I don't feel like anyone is actually listening?  Just getting seemingly 'stock answers' to wear me out?  God knows - Anyway, I suspect there is either a firmware issue on the box or a configuration issue on your end.  I have seen comments about selecting network, but neither the web portal or the various apps will allow me to check this.

Any one out there managed to solve this?

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @DubblyDub, your GigaCube should be setup to automatically connect to the strongest signal available without you having to do anything. Could you please check the following:

In the Settings tab, click Dial-up

- From the Dial-up dropdown, choose Network Settings 

- From the Preferred Mode dropdown, make sure this is set to 5G

- From the Network Search Mode dropdown, choose Automatic

You keep suggesting this but seem to be unaware no one can change those settings, they are not changeable.

TJ

Thanks for getting back to us @DubblyDub. Have you downloaded the Huawei Highlink app from your Playstore/ iPhone App Store and to have a go at changing your settings through there? 

This moderator has been told before this does not work and that you can't change the preferred network even on the highlink app not sure why she is still suggesting it. I have the exact same problem as you which is on the post unstable 5G or as it now is no 5G access at all which also happened after engineering work. Nobody cares, understands or is willing to help, totally peed off with Vodafone and it's staff that seem to have no telecoms knowledge.

Well, I have come to conclusion that I was picking another carriers 5G up, that particular spot / side of house gets amazing strength but never connects (it did before but not now).

i moved the device to another location in the house, weaker signal but I do connect, average 100mbps and 20-30 ping.

convinced the other signal is either another carrier or there's a problem on the Vodafone side.

hope you get sorted

Quite worrying that channel spacing is that poor that another carrier could be interfering. This is the kind of stuff that's meant to be worked out years before deployment.