main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

New Unlimited 5G SIM announcement at £33 a month

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

After today’s announcement of the new unlimited SIM for mobile broadband at £33, my current contract of 100GB for £30 seems a bit lacking.

Could existing 5G Gigacube customers re-contract with this new pricing ?  A bit of wishful thinking on my part, I guess  

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @fabyon 

As you are enquiring about a Gigacube contract and not a phone contract, you won't be able to use the flexi upgrade option.  The only thing you can do is to contact Vodafone and see if it is possible to change your tariff to one of the new Gigacube price plans.

View solution in original position

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

It depends on how long you are into your current contract @fabyon 

Have a word with customer service on 191 or Live Chat and they'll go through your options with you.

Can-I-upgrade-my-phone-contract-early-with-a-Flexi-upgrade. 

" A Flexi-upgrade lets you upgrade your phone at any point after six months to a phone plan of the same value or more - without having to wait until your contact expires.

You'll need to pay an early upgrade charge, which is calculated daily and will decrease the longer you've had your contract. "

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @fabyon 

As you are enquiring about a Gigacube contract and not a phone contract, you won't be able to use the flexi upgrade option.  The only thing you can do is to contact Vodafone and see if it is possible to change your tariff to one of the new Gigacube price plans.

View solution in original position

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Whay so excited about this? An unlimited phone SIM on Vfe has been availiable for less than this for months now (and can be had for ~£20 a month on offer) which can be used in routers. The data only SIM is data only, whereas the phone SIM can be used for unlimted calls and texts if you desire and is cheaper. I can't really see why anybody woud bother with this data only SIM instead of the phone SIM?

View more options