Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Unlimited 5G SIM announcement at £33 a month

fabyon
4: Newbie

After today’s announcement of the new unlimited SIM for mobile broadband at £33, my current contract of 100GB for £30 seems a bit lacking.

Could existing 5G Gigacube customers re-contract with this new pricing ?  A bit of wishful thinking on my part, I guess :Winking_smiley: 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @fabyon 

As you are enquiring about a Gigacube contract and not a phone contract, you won't be able to use the flexi upgrade option.  The only thing you can do is to contact Vodafone and see if it is possible to change your tariff to one of the new Gigacube price plans.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

It depends on how long you are into your current contract @fabyon 

Have a word with customer service on 191 or Live Chat and they'll go through your options with you.

Can-I-upgrade-my-phone-contract-early-with-a-Flexi-upgrade. 

" A Flexi-upgrade lets you upgrade your phone at any point after six months to a phone plan of the same value or more - without having to wait until your contact expires.

You'll need to pay an early upgrade charge, which is calculated daily and will decrease the longer you've had your contract. "

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @fabyon 

As you are enquiring about a Gigacube contract and not a phone contract, you won't be able to use the flexi upgrade option.  The only thing you can do is to contact Vodafone and see if it is possible to change your tariff to one of the new Gigacube price plans.

Yes...

I purchased a 5g Gigacube plan before the promotion last week. £50 upfront and £60/month.

I was missold the Gigacube as although on the vodafone coverage map I have 5G inside and out...I DO NOT!!

I have spent the last 2 days on the Vodafone chat trying to get my cube to show more than 4G. I was getting 65 MPS download and 7 MPS upload .

The first Techie had me turning on and off the cube taking out the Sim and reinserting it. Then having to use my iPhone 12 to put the Sim in to sort out the mobile data settings, to be told I needed a new Sim.  The new Sim arrived today and I put it in the cube.... nothing... Back on the techie chat line. Have I filled in the Sim swap form??? No because nobody told me to. Have done this now and gone through the same actions as before with the new Sim and a new online  techie . Still only 4G . Conclusion....No 5G coverage.... So the 5G cube is going back within the 14 days cooling off period. 

I thought I could purchase a 4G cube. No 50% discount  on a rolling monthly payment plan( 30 days notice to end it) and £100 upfront cost.

So Vodafone forget it. I'll be back to my Sky router on a copper wire ( no chance for fibre to my home) and hope that with the new Sky 5G television and box that the O2 coverage (Sky)  eventually will sort out my slow  download problems

vegtable
4: Newbie

Whay so excited about this? An unlimited phone SIM on Vfe has been availiable for less than this for months now (and can be had for ~£20 a month on offer) which can be used in routers. The data only SIM is data only, whereas the phone SIM can be used for unlimted calls and texts if you desire and is cheaper. I can't really see why anybody woud bother with this data only SIM instead of the phone SIM?