main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Mobile Broadband

allot.com trying to intercept my Internet traffic

SOLVED
View solved solution
WhiteKnight
3: Seeker

Hi

allot.com is trying to man-in-the-middle attack me from your network. Please could you address this. I need to use NordVPN to for work. Every time I open the application it asks me if I want to trust this certificate. I, like the rest of the world, do not trust this certificate and will not select trust. I do not have Secure Net enabled on my account.

NordVPN_ZS0ofz6wNs.png

Thank you

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WhiteKnight

For future reference the problem domain was zwyr157wwiu6eior.com. auth.zwyr157wwiu6eior.com redirects to nordaccount.com, so it is theirs. However they don't seem to want to confirm this. Vodafone seems to have resolved this given that it is now working as expected, although they seemed to fail to understand the issue. Essentially when the NordVPN starts on Windows 10 it loads various domains, including the above. If the prompt appears, selecting "Don't trust" allows you to continue to the app and use the VPN without issue. However the auto-update feature may be trying to use the above address and so fail if it is being attacked like this.

View solution in original position

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Farai

We'd be more than happy to look into this for you @WhiteKnight 👍 so we can get the ball rolling, please drop us a message via Twitter or Facebook here 

View more options
WhiteKnight

For future reference the problem domain was zwyr157wwiu6eior.com. auth.zwyr157wwiu6eior.com redirects to nordaccount.com, so it is theirs. However they don't seem to want to confirm this. Vodafone seems to have resolved this given that it is now working as expected, although they seemed to fail to understand the issue. Essentially when the NordVPN starts on Windows 10 it loads various domains, including the above. If the prompt appears, selecting "Don't trust" allows you to continue to the app and use the VPN without issue. However the auto-update feature may be trying to use the above address and so fail if it is being attacked like this.

View solution in original position

View more options