Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working on my iPhone but sim changed

afzalsheikh
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Post Title: HA2 Harrow 

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Wherever I use to get 4G I only get 3G

2) What is the full postcode HA2 0NQ of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes placed in an identical iPhone and still only get 3G

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No errors. I have reset my network, refreshed my account and even changed my sim and nothing has solved the issue. I have inserted another network sim into my phone and the 4G works fine. When I put my Vodafone sim in I lose 4G and only get 3G

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? When I changed my plan almost 3 weeks ago 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

From your answers this does sound like an account issue @afzalsheikh 

As Account access isnt available via this forum id suggest contacting customer services via 191 or Live Chat to ask for yojr account to be properly reset / flushed.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams are available via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have the same issue and have even swapped my sim to find that it didn’t help. My all started when I changed to a new 18 month contract. Before that I could get 4G everywhere but now I only get 3G

AnnS

This is strange @afzalsheikh , Vodafone do not sell 18 month airtime plans, it's mainly 24 or 12 month contracts.  I am wondering if you took out a new Evo contract with an agreement to pay the phone plan over 18 months.

To achieve the fastest speed possible you need to take a plan offering the fastest speed possible, the information is here: Vodafone plans , if you have taken a plan with a restricted speed this may be the cause of your problems, your online account or Application will confirm the plan you are on. If you have only just changed your plan, you have 14 days to cancel or change the tariff.

You can contact Vodafone quickly using live chat or by calling to check and change the plan.  There is also the Social Team but any plan change would need to be raised using the live chat or calling method.