Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

DA7 - Is Network OK?

dhinxman
4: Newbie

Just recently my area showed 'Network Fault'.  I registered for updates and I got several saying the fault was cleared, then saying it was back.   I got several of those until finally the Network map showed me as receiving 5 bars indoors for 4G.  However I am not, I am permanently on WiFi calling.  I have followed all the advice including another Vodafone account holder finding the same thing with their phone.

I have the Template below.

Post Title: DA7 - Is Network OK?

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Happens when I get in to my road.  Other areas as they have always been.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

In Profile

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, also with another phone with different account

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Just only being able to make calls with WiFi calling.    I have managed to get data , at speeds lower than 1

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

It happens on 3G and 4G.  2G is much better, but only connects if I change my settings.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

A few weeks back, not sure when.  A network fault was shown for my area.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

It worked OK for a few days when fault was shown as clear.  Now it is back to how it was during the fault repair period.

11 REPLIES 11

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dhinxman! I've checked the mast you connect to directly and can see an incident has been raised this morning, so the team are aware and working on it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing, we'll be back up and running as soon as we possibly can 🙂 

Thanks for the info.   However the coverage checker does not show a fault and the signal is still very poor.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

You just need to zoom out (using the minus button ) on the Network Status Checker @dhinxman and you'll be able to see the known fault and register for the latest updates. 

Yes thanks I did realise that.  The nearest fault to me is some miles away in New Eltham.   There is nothing shown in my area and the list shows good reception both indoors and out for my post code.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can see Beth has already checked the mast that you're connected to @dhinxman - this may not always be the closest one to you and this is why you may be affected by masts you think are outside of your local area. 

Can you then tell me what mast I am connected to,  which is giving me a  next to zero signal and why I am not connecting to the mast at the bottom of my road which is just in the DA1 area and always gave me a good signal.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

The mast you're connected to will change @dhinxman - it should automatically connect to the one with the strongest signal. At the moment you should be connecting to one on Long Lane, which I can see is closer to you. 

I've taken a look at how this mast is working and everything appears to be okay with it. 

It sounds like you were previously connected to a mast further away that had a stronger signal, this is the one that I can see is having some issues that we're working on. 

However, you should be able to use your phone now, connected to the other mast. Please can you turn your phone onto airplane mode for approximately five minutes and then back, and let me know if that forces it to update. 

If you want us to go through some further troubleshooting, please get in touch on social media

I have done as you ask, but my phone now appears to be connecting to my nearest mast that is in old Road Crayford.    However the signal is still very weak.   That mast was down for some time and came back up a few days back.   I was then connected to it and got a good signal which has now dropped far below what it was.    When that mast goes down I connected to one in Bourne Road Crayford with no 4G.    I have never connected to Long Lane.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please come and chat to us over social media as mentioned above @dhinxman - then we can check your number on the network and go through some other troubleshooting step with you.