Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Issue - No 4G locally only 3G - LD1

Ihavenoname
4: Newbie

4G signal disappeared a few days ago locally , only 3G remains. 

Normally speeds are around 30 Mbps Down & 20 Mbps Up.

Currently 2 Mbps Down & 0.5 Mbps Up.

Network Status checker reports no problems locally.

Two attempts at live support and I've been fobbed off by both.

I've tried multiple devices and sims on Vodafone and all experience same issue.

If i drive to nearest town signal is fine.

Can't seem to get Vodafone to acknowledge or respond on this issue.

41 REPLIES 41

Ihavenoname
4: Newbie

Another 24 hours passes with no improvements or responses from vodafone.

I can get better 3g speed early in the morning 7Mpbs but speed test also reports 100% losses.

Just got off my third live chat about this issue. I'm a glutton for punishment.

I explained how the issue was not device or sim dependent. Also that signal fine elsewhere.

Dutifully agreed to go through phone settings yet again with the assurance it would help. It didn't.

Two hours of support later and they suggested they send me a new sim. Despite already acknowledging that issue was not device or sim problem.

Another day has passed. No improvements. No contact from Vodafone. Network checker still incorrectly reports no problems. 

If I drive to the mast then signal and speed are good. Problem appears only in the direction of my home from the mast. Either this is not the mast covering my home or something else is to blame.

Still no contact or updates.

Marginally better speeds this morning and a very weak 4g signal intermittently.

Speedtests fail to even start more often than not though. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @Ihavenoname, no one likes slower speeds and we'd love to take a closer look into these for you. I can see that you've already done some trouble shooting - if you could complete the network template here and post your results; we'll be able to take a more in depth look at the signal in your area. 

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Travelling 1/4 mile to nearest village signal is strong

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

Added to profile 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, have tried multiple devices and sims

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Poor signal - 1bar. Only 3G data. Difficulty starting speed tests - sometimes speed test reports 100% losses.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4G problem.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Around 29th November

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent

Over a week now and only one response. 

Signal still very poor. 

Have 4 separate contracts with Vodafone as it was strongest provider in the area. Speeds have been good for past year.

TJ

Thanks for providing all of those details @Ihavenoname. I've taken a good look at the coverage around your area and can't see any issues that should be affecting your signal. 

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here. This way, we can gather some more details from you and raise a network case, as there could be something that we're unaware of.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.