Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 4g E symbol-I Phone

Ltomlins
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
  • Hi

My i phone  11 has suddenly and permanently gone to a symbol E ,for 2 weeks so i can’t use it out of the  wi-fi area, I contacted vodaphone done all the network re sets , had a new sim , checked sim in another phone and worked , but I still cannot get full network coverage. ? No one seems to be able to fix this ??I’ve been to currys akso they haven’t seen this problem for this length of time,

it’s very frustrating there is no signal issue we’re I live but recently seen 5 g do seems to be related to this ?

pleasd advise 

10 REPLIES 10

Lucy_F

Hi @Ltomlins Thanks for raising this to us, sorry to hear you're facing this trouble at the moment. Please can you message our Social Media Team via the contact information found here and we can get things looked into with you. 

JAMESORCHARD
10: Established
10: Established

Hi don't expect too much from vodafone. Same happened to me when it was upgraded to 5g here. Went from reliable 4g to intermittent 4g and even worse since 3g switch off but apparently vodafone says everything is fine and the signal strength is stronger than ever.  Don't bother with the social media and tobi messages  they will tell you something different everytime.

Hi Its happened since 5g for over 2weesk now, so that explains,it but i cannot use my phone when out and about or read messages which I need as have children! The E which is basically lower than 2 g is crazy I'm paying for a 4-5g service , have you resolved it?

Is your 4g working elsewhere?  If it isn't it maybe a account problem or settings. But if its just your local area don't expect too much. My problem Never got resolved.

1. My phone is not working at all with 4g or 5 g the E sign is permanently on and has been for weeks  even at work over 10 miles away , we are in a good signal area too, whole family are on Vodaphone and they have no issues, its not even a new contract, new sim hasn't made any difference either? I'm not happy at all! as soon as i walk into house with wi-fi all my whats app messages appear? sometimes an odd message will come though if i'm lucky,  but its on lowest connection i will be raising this higher now as paying for a service that i am not receiving!

Ha its just probably a phone/settings problem have you tried putting your sim in another phone?

Yes tried at Vodafone shop it works in another phone?

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

From the sound of things you need to reset your network settings @Ltomlins .  Follow the device guides here: iphone 11 device guides 

Vodafone would also recommend completing  manual roam to update the SIM on the network.  Further information here: Manual Roam You can also put the phone on flight mode and back onto the network.

With an Edge connection, also known as 2.5G you should still be able to make receive calls and texts, though internet access will be slow.

Make sure you have WiFi calling activated, this will give you the ability to make calls in a WiFi location when signal is poor.

Ann

Tried all those thing's and with the Vodaphone staff on a call, it still stuck on Edge(E)

I need more help?

Louisa