Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 5G today in London Chelsea

cyber
4: Newbie

Network status checker says 5G fine in my area but it's not.

It's the first time this happens.

Anyone else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @cyber 

5G can still be a little bit hit and miss which can be due to weather conditions and how far one is away from a 5G module.

As 5G is typically good for download of large files the loss of 5G connection shouldn't have affected the surfing speeds. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams can take a look at the area if you fill out the template in this link > Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

You'll possibly find the connection will return.

Sometimes a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On can help.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Hi @cyber 

5G can still be a little bit hit and miss which can be due to weather conditions and how far one is away from a 5G module.

As 5G is typically good for download of large files the loss of 5G connection shouldn't have affected the surfing speeds. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams can take a look at the area if you fill out the template in this link > Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

You'll possibly find the connection will return.

Sometimes a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On can help.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Hello BandOfBrothers.

I had filled the form in last evening already.

This morning I still didn't have 5g.

As you advised, I restarted my phone and yippee 5g came back.

A million thanks BandOfBrothers. You are a star

BandOfBrothers

That's fantastic @cyber  👍

Current Phone  >

Well, having been one day on 4g was an experience. I had forgotten how dreadfully sloooooow it was 🙁

Sorry, but in K&C Vodafone 5G service is still BAD for iPhone and Samsung.  I have an unlimited plan, where we tested if it was an iPhone, iOS, switching off 5G and an APP issue.  In the mean time I had another provider where I had no problem since the New Year 2023.  In short, I cannot make or receive calls.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can check the coverage available in any UK location using our Network Status Checker @Rreviewer. If this isn't what you're getting, please try the trouble shooting steps advised in our Initial checks and if you're still having difficulty, please complete the template and post it back here.

Without being rude, I did all this.  It is true Vodafone are upgrading their network ( for the past 9 months), however the issue is a conflict between:

- iOS

- 5G service 

- Vodafone service with iPhone

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There's been no 5G in E14 for a while now. Apparently there's a fault but had no text updates, 4G is slow and often not working, Vodafone don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it.

I suspect their 5G SA rollout is also causing issues.