Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non-sensitive website blocked by Vodafone content filter

joehartley
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

We have recently become aware that Vodafone’s online content filter is incorrectly labelling our website as sensitive content, rendering it inaccessible to some of our clients.

Our domain – https://www.jordanlynch.com/ - needs to be recategorized, as there is no mature or sensitive content on the website at all. Our site is dedicated to private finance services.

Please could a moderator arrange to have the website recategorized within your content filters, so that we no longer face this issue? Our site is based solely around our private finance services and serves no sensitive content whatsoever. 🙂

I've found many other instances on the forums of people who have encountered the same issue - thankfully a moderator has been able to resolve the issue by re-categorisation of the site.

Issue Background

In case it saves anyone else time in the future figuring out what the issue is, here's what happened:

• Site works fine for the most part, but on the Vodafone mobile network (not through wifi) the site showed an 'Invalid certificate' warning. 
  • Multiple Third Party SSL Certificate checks all came up valid.
  • In Edge a 'Sensitive content' Vodafone page was displayed instead, leading us to the real cause of the issue - Vodafone's content filter.

There is nothing we can do to resolve this as the problem lies with Vodafone's filter, so I'm getting in touch here with the hope that the support/moderation team can make that category change for us.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joehartley - thanks for your patience. This has now been reviewed and reclassified. Please allow 36 hours and clear your browser's cache memory before trying again.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

Thank you for your response.

Can I please check, so when you land on this website via a mobile device;

https://www.wheelsvancentres.co.uk/

Scroll down to a button, can you click on anything on this page and does it take you through to the website.

This has been tested on a larger number Vodaphone customer devices and replicated.

When they disconnect from WIFI and use 4G the website does not operate.

Works fine for all other providers via 4G, seems to be specific to Vodaphone 4G.

Is there anything else you can advise me that would cause this please?

Thanks

That's right @WVC I am able to access the site on Vodafone 4G. I can click on any of the icons and links and navigate the site absolutely fine. 
As you are advising there are several Vodafone customers unable to access the site, I have raised a request to the Tech team to have them take a look to see if they can help resolve this for you. As soon as they get back to us, we will update you here. 

Thank you, Steph.

You're very welcome @WVC We'll let you know as soon as the team gets back in touch. If you need anything else just let us know! 

Hi Steph,

Can I please see how you are getting on with your investigation please?

If this helps, the issue was first noticed on 3rd January.

Many Thanks

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's still being looked into at the moment @WVC and we'll be in touch once we have some news 🙂 

Hi Steph,

Thank you, and any news on this please, this is causing major issues and no one using a Vodaphone network is able to use/navigate around the website?

Many Thanks

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for the delay in resolving this for you @WVC and thank you for your patience while we look into this for you. We've not had an update regarding this yet. When we raise queries of this nature to our Network team, they investigate the issue and update us within 3 working days. It appears your query was raised on the 18th. If we've not received an update by the end of business on Monday, we'll chase this for you.

Hi,

Have you received any feedback please from your technical team?

Many Thanks

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WVC - I'm sorry we're only just getting back to you about this. This has been reviewed again and it's been confirmed the website isn't being blocked by Secure Net.