Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router not allocating IP addresses via DHCP

MIKEARLY
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why has my printer suddenly got 169..allocated? Has been fine, if I manually assign a. IP address it works.. Sometimes.... How do I fix permanently is there a setting on the router? 

3 REPLIES 3

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @MIKEARLY 👋 Are you able to provide a bit more information about the issues you're having? This will help with understanding how to best assist you 👍 If possible, please also provide some screenshots or images to show what's happening? 

Hi, when adding a HP printer into my network it gave a 169xx ip instead of 198xx. I could allocate a static ip address and it sometines could find it other times not. Thought it may be the printer so got a new Epson, to start with it could not find it on the network but the Epson software managed to get it to work e entually. Even so, a couple of times my laptop said it could not find a laptop on the network. But OK now. I've factory reset the router, help desk downloaded new firmware. But if course then got cut off... 

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you very much for getting back to us with this information @MIKEARLY. It's possible we may need to place you on a static I.P on our side as well to prevent future problems. If you'd like us to give this a try, please drop us a message over on Social Media here and we'll be happy to get the ball rolling on this 👍