Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Scrambled calls on iPhone 7

Horshambubble
2: Seeker

When I try to call landlines from my iPhone 7 the call sometimes gets all scrambled on the other person picking up the call. It sounds like a scrambled satellite signal you sometimes see on tv, all jumbled up and with funny beeps and noises.  The calls then drops. When I call back it’s fine. Any ideas please? 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Horshambubble 

This could be a multiple of things.

Your phone.

Your sim card.

The Network Signal.

The other persons service.

For some reason at first the call is somehow connecting to a persons fax service hence the beeps and noises.

To start with....

Does this happen everywhere you go or when you make a call in your home area ?

Does this happen with mobiles or just some or all landlines ?

Can you ask someone you know also on Vodafone to ring the landline number your having issues with to see if the same happens to them. 

Can you try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card at issue.

If it's a sim issue then any Vodafone Highstreet Store can replace it via a sim swap. Take some photo ID.

Vodafone have this troubleshooting tips guide and template to use > Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

And a person can check their masts via keying in a postcode in to the Vodafone status-checker

Customer Service on 191 or Live Chat can help by checking your account.

It's also worth asking the recipient of the call to check in with their service provider.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply, sorry I didn’t see it before.

to answer you questions it happens with any landline number. It’s not fax type beeps more a scrambled signal. It only happens to landlines and not all the time.

i will pop into my vodafone shop today and ask them to swap the sim for me to see if that helps. 

I have the same problem. Did changing the SIM fix the issue?

Thanks

woxford

Did anyone ever solve this?  I've had this problem for 3 years with one landline number I call frequently (also a Vodafone service), usually when my outgoing call to them goes to voicemail, but sometimes also when they answer.  Always assumed it was their phone, as only started when they switched to Vodafone, and I never had the problem calling anyone else.  Now I've started getting the same problem when calling another landline number, not a Vodafone customer, when reaching their voicemail.  

I did change the sim in the end and although it didn’t seem to make a difference at first I haven’t had the problem now for months so I think it did help. 

Thanks Horshambubble.  As it was becoming a major problem this morning with all my calls, I called Vodafone's Tech Support who suggested it might be a problem with Wi-Fi calling; they disabled that, and re-enabled it shortly after, and I was immediately able to get through to the voicemails of the people I was trying to contact.  Hopefully, that has sorted it, but the real test will be the one number I've had issues with for a few years, and if it continues, I'll bear in mind your solution to change the SIM card.