Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Secure Net incorrectly blocking our website

RBlakely
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

We have received several complaints from our customers that they are unable to access our website www.millicast.com from the Vodafone home broadband service, apparently our site is being blocked by your DNS servers and/or by Secure Net.

We are a B2B service for corporate streaming and should certainly not be listed as a malicious website by your service. This is an urgent matter for us and your attention to this issue is greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if you require any additional information to correct this matter.

Kind regards,

-Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @RBlakely Apologies for my delay in getting back to you, we've been extremely busy here recently. This site's now been reclassified to Radio and TV online. This should prevent any further issues. Thanks for your patience whilst we looked into this 😁

View solution in original position

49 REPLIES 49

Hello.  So this re-emerged recently as I was at an Exhibition and was asking people to sign-up to our Newsletter by scanning a QR code.  8 out 10 times people were able to access it fine, the 2 out of 10 times were always Vodafone customers.  I don't know if they had SecureNet activated or not.

I also just went to the local Vodafone shop.  The agent was able to access the site via Vodafone but he did not have SecureNet activated making me think that's the thing that is create the block.

Thanks for your assistance

Ed

Thanks for getting back to us @EdP. In your message you said that when your customers were following the QR code, they weren't able to access your site. Do you know if these customers entered the web address in their browsers, were they able to access your website or do they get the same error? 🙂

I think the QR code is probably a red herring in this discussion and isn't the cause of the issue.  As far as I can tell

1) people not on Vodafone can access the website without issues

2) people on Vodafone but without SecureNet activated seem to be able to access the website ok

3) people on Vodafone and with Securenet activated don't seem to be able to access the website

If those 3 statements are accurate it seems a fair deduction that as a blocking service, Securenet is blocking access.  I am trying to get that changed as there is no reasonable basis for the website to the blocked (no history of customer complaints or fraud, no inappropriate material etc).  Do you know of a way for SecureNet to review www.invani.cc to confirm that it shouldn't be blocked and to act on that from their side?   Thanks!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We can raise an investigation into this for you @EdP, it usually takes a few days to complete and we keep you up to date with our progress. I can see earlier in your message you said you were already getting the block removed. If you can confirm how you've contacted to request the removal of this block, how long ago you reached out to us and if you were given a case reference and we'll be more than happy to get an update on our progress with removing any incorrect block.

Hi Mark, it would be great if you can please raise that investigation and a few days is not a problem at all as long as I’m updated with progress and result. 

Apologies if I was unclear, I have not been able to successfully get another investigation started so there is no historic investigation for you to consider. 

thanks, Ed

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @EdP, I've now raised this with our dedicated team to be investigated for you. Your case reference is INC000004532479. Please drop us a DM on Twitter or Facebook here quoting that reference and we'll help you monitor the case for updates 👍 

Hi, would be grateful if you can please give an update on the investigation that was raised. Thanks, Ed

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @EdP - The web page http://www.invani.cc that you wanted to access has been reviewed and reclassified. Thank you for your help.
There may be a short delay before you have access to the page. Before trying to access it again, we suggest you clear your browser's cache memory 👍

Hello,

Our clients' website https://et2c.com/ has also been incorrectly blocked by SecureNet.

They are a  Sourcing and Procurement company. Please could the block be removed.

keyelement_0-1674752389525.png

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @keyelement! I've raised this to be reviewed and reclassified for you. Once we receive an update, we'll let you know here 🙂