Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow mobile upload speed

cjphillips
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Mobile data upload speed is 0.2 Mbps - pretty rubbish for Unlimited Max tariff. iPhone 12 Pro with newly replaced sim. Was on Vodafone helpline for 1.5 hours who insisted it was a SIM card issue (though have same network speed on my iPhone 8). Could it be local antennae issues?

5 REPLIES 5

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We can certainly take a look into this for you @cjphillips. Pop us the full postcode where you're experiencing these speeds (If you'd prefer not to post this publicly, add it to the personal information in your profile where only our moderators and yourself can see it) and we'll check your local network.

If you can also confirm the below 👇this will also help us to identify the issue.

- Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

- What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

- Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

- When did you first notice this issue?

- Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Hi it’s Fleet. GU51 3BF.  The coverage says it’s ok. Usually get 4G but lately often getting 3G

thanks

Sorry with regards to to other questions 

I can get 1 mbps a few miles from home 

the issue manifest that website and slow and zoom audio too poor to communicate

The  issue seems to be permanent rather than intermittent 

cheers

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you very much for getting back to us with these details 👍 Are you also able to test out the SIM card in a different phone @cjphillips? If you continue to experience issues, this might point to a issue in the area that might need investigating. We'd recommend that you drop us a message over on social media here and we'll be happy to get the ball rolling. 

Thanks I have tested the issue with a separate iPhone and it’s the same at the above address but 200x faster upload 15 miles away - I’m sure it’s a local coverage issue.  I’ll post in the site you mentioned - thanks