Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Split port

antonio89
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, 

Recently I ported to Voxi from Lebara(using Vodafone network as well) and a few months ago from Giff Gaff to Lebara. I've been with Giff Gaff for about 6 years without any issues. 

On lebara I noticed after a while that I wasn't receiving text messages from non-Vodafone numbers. I contacted them numerous times and they claimed the issue was from Vodafone and nothing that lebara can do. At that time I contacted Vodafone, they said they didn't manage lebara numbers so they couldn't help.

I went into a Vodafone shop and they said if I ported over to Voxi or Vodafone my issue is going to be fixed and be able to use full service. So I ported to Voxi. After getting confirmation that my number was fully ported, I still can't receive text messages from non Vodafone numbers. I contacted online help on Voxi several times, spoke to Vodafone customer service and port in team, spoke to a Vodafone shop manager, did all the right settings, they did a network reset, I replaced the sim..... nothing has worked. After many tries the port in team said it is an issue from Giff Gaff, that they didn't release my number fully and that caused a split port. I talked to Giff Gaff and they replied that the SIM/account has been deactivated due to the number transfer itself.  ported out of our network. If you are having issues or experiencing split service then you will need to reach out to the new provider. If it's a split port the new provider's porting team will get in touch with us directly. 

Talking to Vodafone again they said they do not contact Giff Gaff to try and sort out my issue and the only option they suggest is to get a new phone number.

Getting a new sim and phone number is going to be a hassle , having to change all my contact details with all the contracts and accounts, some incurring admin fees....

Is there anything that can be done, or anyone that I can contact, I would prefer to speak to a person on the phone rather than online chat, as I already explained my issue so many times online and not getting anywhere.

Thank you 

Antonio 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @antonio89 

It does sound that even though it shouldn't have affected your number the many number ports via a Pac has caused issues. 

You could ask the Vodafone Social Media Team to try and help but it does sound from what you write that you've already spoken to the relevant departments of both networks and they've tried and failed to resolve this. 

I'm not sure if the Communications Omsbudman Office could help but it wouldn't harm to ask them. 

You may indeed need to acquire a new number as a resolution. 

Vodafone Social Media Team > Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.