Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Worst service ever

Grewon
2: Seeker

I am writing here, public, on this community, after having contacted technical customer service for ages, since February. I had to move from Edinburgh to Kirkcaldy, I was a virgin media customer but they did not cover my new property: for this reason, I trusted Vodafone and asked for their broadband: the speed offered was very lame: 12 to 25 mbps download maximum. I was given an alternative: 4G! That area had a very good coverage, and connection speed could go from 30 to 60 mbps (they promised). We are two person working from home, so internet is vital. The reality? 50mbps only during night, dropping down to 5-12 mbps during daytime hours. Technical agents (which can see previous contacts but for some unknown reason they ignore them, asking every time the same questions) always try to blame my devices: but I have tried that 4G sim in multiple devices, and followed any troubleshooting they provided. Then they said that the issue was on my account: they restored everything and every time they promise that it's sorted for good. Me, naive, trusted them. Nothing  changes. I also replaced sim: same issue. They also wiped out everything from my account, and replaced all services: same results. They always give me different response, and only the manager I made a complain to, admitted that issue comes from too many people using network during daytime hours. In these last days, connection is always nice during night, but drops to zero (not joking!) and 3000+ ping during daytime hours. I have also checked with neighbours which are Vodafone mobile customers, and they also got these exact problems, but they did not report anything as they use 4G far from home (Virgin Media services their houses so they use that to navigate at home). I, instead, have no connection (house is newly built) and I had already lost a lot of hours of work which have been taken from my salary. Now, after having received a communication to be fired if issue is not fast resolved (and I have mortgages and bills to pay) I got really tired of this: I have been to the Vodafone store in kirkcaldy and asked for my contract to be closed, without paying anything, as the contract clearly says that it can be closed for free if service is not working as intended. The guy at the store (a very nice and cooperative person) is trying to chat to his managers to have this approved, and it's very annoying that they again started to blame the devices used. Devices, however, work perfectly with any other sim and also Vodafone sims work fine during nighttime hours or when far from the area I live in. Issue is not on devices, not on sim, but on mast (there is only one mast for 25000+ people) or/and on the service itself, which drops to zero because of some company/workplace sucking all connection away. I work on daytime shift, and I just wanted to make this public because I got sick of trusting people and services which only create problems and deny their responsabilities.

5 REPLIES 5

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Grewon - thanks for taking your time to explain the experience you’re having with your Broadband. I understand how important it is to have the possible connection, especially with two of you working from home.

Please contact my team through Social Media - we can then go through some questions and checks with you there.

I can see you’ve mentioned 4G and SIM cards. When you message us, please also confirm if this is for a Mobile Internet Device or Home Broadband.

Aveit

DONT BOTHER WITH THEM !

I've had the same problem only I know about mobile phones and bandwidth etc.

I was on Asda mobile who use this crappy network as a carrier and after yrs of getting the streaming plan of 10mbps it dropped to 0.59mbps on a daytime, they tried all the not so technical jargon and blaming user devices etc despite not knowing much themselves which was pointless and repairs nothing, you hit the proverbial nail on the head when you mentioned VODAFONE HAVE EXCEEDED THEIR BANDWIDTH and have now done the same in Peterlee and it's imidiate areas.

I had customer services like repeatedly and try and tell me as a software designer myself that my device was faulty etc, they continued to try and say my plan was UPTO 10mbps and not 10mbps yet it's sold as the HD STREAMING PACKAGE which needs a minimum of 6.5mbps to stream full hd.

The faster package now is slower than the standard cheaper package so why would anyone pay the extra ?

I in the end tired of the rude hardly understandable Indian call center staff even being insulted at one point which I recorded and now have gone to an ombudsman, I simply emailed them the evidence via email of their network speed and the phone recordings of their names and since recieved a refund despite them saying only 6 days compensation is allowed.

I'm still taking it further as the service especially customer service is criminal, they say they record their calls yet insult ppl in Indian which I simply ran through a translation app, they didn't endeavour to think customers might record their calls in return, I was called a "sister f?? cker" on two occasions after pointing out that a streaming package should be fast enough to b able to stream with.

At one point a guy said the streaming package is not always fast enough and only states its qoute "ideal" for streaming?🤣🤣 I simply responded by telling him the English definition of the word IDEAL and he in turn called me a "sister f??ker" 

I've since shot a YouTube video with the recordings included and the evidence of the network speeds including other people's experiences I've gathered, this network is an insult in itself, the customer services are literally criminal and Vodafone know this but prefer cheap overseas call centers located in the scam capital of the world, the fraud I've discovered which is included in the YouTube video is blatant and leaves Vodafone with no wiggle room for denial.

I've only used proven cases and am in the process of editing it all together but be sure to check it out in the coming weeks.

What pains me is that Asda mobile had English call centers my reason for staying with them but since migrating them to Vodafone's Indian call centers the network has nose dived, they repeatedly refuse to connect you to a tiny handful of English call handlers when requested stating they don't exist.

Just another greedy provider that will soon be gone, they are being ditched faster than hot lead thankfully, voted worst customer service 8 yrs running now they have hit there maximum bandwidth, the end is near especially now independent providers are on the rise, I suggest ID mobile if running a hotspot or grain internet if using home internet, both much faster and both much cheaper.

The YouTube video will aptly be called "UK's worst network" until then there is plenty of other videos of ppl being duped by Vodafone but mine will b the first bold enough to play the recordings of them in action 

Janey

Hi @Aveit 

Thanks taking the time to explain the journey you've had. This really isn't the level of service I expect to see and wholeheartedly apologise for any offence caused. It's important we get this looked into, although it is worth noting that we can't intervene if it's already with an alternative adjudicator.

Nonetheless, please could you pop my team a message over on our social channels so we can investigate this further. Once you're there please let the team know that you've posted on the Community and send the link to this post. 

I'm really not interested, Vodafone's level of service is well documented everywhere throughout not only your own sites but all over the internet and even the papers, I've never dealt with a company as bad.

Your customer service is a joke yet I absolutely know your already aware of that.

Indian call centers are a pain to people's life's in regards to customer service and your manages to top it all, never in my life have I been insulted as much nor had to deal with people who lie and haven't any rudemantery knowledge of the service they are supposed to supply.

I got a manager to provide compensation of a month past the 6 days they lie and say is possible to people they've defrauded but that's not enough.

I'm astute enough to of recorded the calls I made and video log the speeds provided and a multitude of devices your team tried to say were faulty working fine, it angered me that much I contacted an ombudsman who after hearing the abuse thrown at me decided to take things further, I've also contacted others with the same problems and will be posting a video YouTube initially and other media platforms.

I'm suspicious of the fraud rate I'm finding within Vodafone customers who deal with these Indian call centers of one type or another but can't prove that but what I can prove is the abuse being called a "sister f??cker" and the lies, I can also prove the common trait of blaming people's devices on your lousy network speeds.

I'm sure hearing your staff in action on YouTube will have only a marginal effect but combined with the press you already get you will probably end up gone.

8 yrs running as worst customer service is not a complimentary award 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with us @Aveit, if this as been raised to our Ombudsman, they'll work with us to come to a satisfactory resolution and contact you regarding this. As @Janey advised, once your issues been escalated to an alternative adjudicator, or Ombudsman we're unable to intervene on your behalf, or make an changes to their resolution. For further updates on your case, please reach out to the Ombudsman directly. If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to get in touch.