main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Off topic

John Lewis to start selling Vodafone contracts

Highlighted
17: Community Champion

John Lewis have announced their intentions to start selling simplified mobile contracts from Vodafone. They are entering themselves as a high street competitor to Carphone Warehouse and a replacement for Phone4U

http://www.androidauthority.com/john-lewis-stores-to-sell-mobile-phones-618980/

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
I hope they get things right when selling a contract.

Should be interesting.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

The two year warranty and free insurance is very attractive.

I hope it does roll out country wide.

:smileyhappy:

View more options
Highlighted

I particularly like the suggestion that they will only sell 2 contracts, low data and high data. Will be interesting where they pitch those. I'd take a punt they'd probably be looking at 1GB and 10GB

@thesoupdragon the warranty and insurance will win over a lot of people. When I used to work for a well know (now deceased) electrical retailer we were constantly losing big sales because they offered a good warranty and people were happy to pay a little extra from that piece of mind. With mobile phones so prone to breaking these days it's going to  be a no brainer for a lot of people.

View more options
Highlighted
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by the simplicity of the plans. I hope Vodafone take note and learn from that! 😉

I would imagine the "free insurance" would have the same caveat as Virgin Media does by loading the excess charge. I won't discuss the details here but it is easily found on their website.
That being said; the excess is still cheaper than the cost of a new high end phone but it is a bulk payment rather than spread out with a monthly plan.

A real win - win for potential iPhone buyers though!

🙂
View more options
Highlighted

I've used John Lewis's 2 year warranty on a couple of occasions (a VHS recorder and a dishwasher) and the service was excellent on both occasions.  No quibble and no excess.   Slightly different as neither of those were portable devices (especially not the dishwasher :smileyhappy:)

View more options