Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

UK Call Centres

Jeeva1
3: Seeker

Hi.

Can anyone tell me if Vodafone have UK based call centres or a UK based online chat team?

I have been trying to get some help with my Vodafone broadband but the service I've received from the India based centre has been beyond awful.

They are clearly just reading from scripts and have no idea how to solve any issues.

I thought most companies had done away with foreign based contact centres because of the infamously bad service they offer but it seems Vodafone are still using them.

Is there a UK contact number or a separate online chat team I can get in touch with?

Thank you.

34 REPLIES 34

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mgsl31 - It's disappointing that you were called when you'd requested an email. If this is still ongoing, please email under your complaint case and request this to be escalated again. 

@cathym - I'm glad to hear it's resolved and I'm sorry you've had this experience. I hope we get to turn things around for you in the future. 

WelshSid

Well I can confirm over 3 years on, nothing has changed! I'm beyond frustrated with the awful customer service, primarily due to the language barrier in the Indian call centres not being able to communicate in English well enough to comprehend conversations.

I called yesterday to schedule in a house move (they advise at least 30 days notice) in March to take my contract with me.  That took 45minutes on the phone to the call centre.  This was after telling me my new address didn't exist, then saying Vodafone didn't provide a service there.  I told them I'd looked on the online Vodafone search and it said they did - to which he then double checked and said oh yes actually they do.  I was advised to take my router with me when I moved and we booked in the slot for the engineer to install next month.  Got all the confirmation emails through and one mentioned I would be getting a router delivered a few days before my move, at my current address.  Couldn't face another call so tried online chat - broken English and some interesting phrases that if I hadn't known the person wasn't English, would have come across quite patronising "let me educate you" etc. They confirmed the email was wrong - it always says router even though it's an adapter that will be delivered.  

This morning I get a text to say it's all been cancelled and to phone if I wasn't expecting this.  I phoned and actually got through to someone in the UK (amazing bonus!) within a few minutes we cleared up that the previous order should not have been booked in as it was too early to progress and I needed to call back end of next week and repeat the process.  Not ideal, but fine, if computer says no, that's what it is.

Then I get a further email to say my current contract has been cancelled and will end after 30 days notice period!! Honestly, by this point I'm so frustrated I can't describe. I phone yet again, navigating my way through the long winded auto response call system where I'm told you can do all this online, don't call us lol My goodness if I could, I would have! Eventually I get through and it's the Indian call centre - I say I got through, there was just silence on the line for about 30 seconds and I wasn't sure if there was an issue with the hold music. Then I hear a "hello?" I say hello back and they then start the Vodafone script.  It was evident from the start she didn't understand what I was saying and kept trying and failing to put me on hold, instead just sitting in silence - presumably waiting for a manager to help her. After about 3 minutes of silence and no response I gave up and hung up.  I rang back again and got a different staff member, slightly better understanding of English, but still kept re-summarising what I'd said incorrectly so I kept having to correct her.  She put me on hold for a long time and came back saying someone was taking over the service on my current property on 19th March so my contract was cancelled.  I told her that was incorrect (we still live here and will be until at least end of March) and had never been the case, I was put on hold again.  I presume my initial request to move had only been cancelled one end (i.e. the installation at new house, not termination at old house) but who knows.  She came back and advised the cancellation request (imaginary one 'someone' made) had been cancelled and I remain on my existing contract.

I have absolutely no trust this is actually correct - but I guess we will see in 30 days if I have internet or not! It's so incredibly frustrating not to be able to speak to someone who can comprehend you and be able to provide accurate information.  

I don't think anybody minds where people hail from, provided they can communicate to a certain standard and comprehend a language fully. Hearing the same complaints time and time again and just saying - talk to social media, is not a good response.  The issue remains that the customer service in these cases is not fit for purpose.

OMG they  have just started me on a new 24 month contract. I'm ready to explode.

I'm not surprised! I eventually got sorted it took ALOT of arguing and threatening to take to trading standards (which I still did both trading standards and the  ombudsman) I got the max limit of compensation which is a joke really its knky there to keep you hooked as it soon adds up over the months.... so basically I think I end up with about 6 month free. I also had to quote consumer act to again an Indian call centre who ahve no knowledge of this regarding how the price had dropped during my wait by quiet a bit (£10 a month) and I wanted that price and by UK law they have to honour that as the contract had not officially started. They argued back and forth about how it started 6 months ago, to which I replied so I only have 18 months left? No you have 24 months when the service is active... then my contract hasn't started therefore you have to honor the updated price... this again was another dozen or so blood pressure raising calls. In the end got there... now the service is spotty and the router is awful. When this contract is over I'm done with Vodafone, I'm changing my business phones and personal phones as well as broadband also my father's broadband which is currently on Vodafone I will be changing. How this company has not folded is beyond me the level of incompantance is systemic throught vodafone at every level. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you're reconnected @WelshSid, an email gets automatically generated advising you've connected to a new 2 year contract. I'm sure the agent has adjusted you contract to end on your original commitment end date. If you'd like a member of our team to check this for you, p[lease p[op us a message via one of our social channels.