Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

£100 Amazon reward voucher not received after joining Vodaphone Broadband

Monkfish457
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

OK, Hi to everyone, my first post.

Where shall I start. I have a dual 18 month contract for myself and my wife's phones. I got an offer to swap to Superfast Broadband and get a £100 voucher from one of a selection of associated retailers to Vodaphone. Sounded like a great deal so I chose to swap away from TalkTalk as their customer service was impossible to get hold of. I chose a £100 Amazon voucher and received a confirmation message informing me that after 3 months a voucher would be sent out to me after the validity period had been confirmed. Six months down the line and I've still not received my voucher.

I wanted to buy an expensive item off Amazon so this re-jogged my memory and I started to chase this up.  Eventually I was supplied with an Email to uk-vodaphonevouchers*awin.c@m to complain and ask for follow-up. (Note: the * and @ are substituted for '@' and 'com' to allow the address to be submitted)

Guess what.....I got a reply telling me the domain is not valid....great, and thought I had finally made the progress I needed. I Phoned again and they all say the same namely, 'thats the Email we have been given and should be used to complain'. I've now spent almost two hours on the phone to various Vodaphone departments and I feel like I'm bashing my head against a wall. I also hope 0808 numbers aren't premium or this will be costing me a fortune. Apparently it's via a third party company called WeGift, but the obviously don't!

Can anyone help with resolving this problem???

Stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, It seems there’s been a little confusion regarding these offers 😕 Let’s see if we can clear things up a little and help get everyone on the right track 😁

You’re only eligible if  you sign up online, and fill in your email address after clicking out on the third party site, before landing on our site.

It can take up to 120 days to receive the gift card and you must wait this time before raising this further.

If you've not received your giftcard after this time, please follow one of the below escalation routes 👉

• If you switched using Uswitch between the 1st of December 2019 and the 27th of February 2020 .Pop you query over to uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com
  • If you joined us through Uswitch on or after the 28th of February 2020: Any queries should be sent to rewards@giftcloud.com
  • If you came to us through Money Super Market, Broadband Choices, Go Compare, Money Saving Expert etc  at any timeYou can raise any queries  to uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com

View solution in original position

174 REPLIES 174

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lupes2 I've flagged the image you sent over to us so that we can investigate this as it's not a campaign we're aware of. Once I hear back, I'll let you know on the thread here. As it stands, the voucher isn't an offer we've provided and would still need to be raised with the third party.

Hi,

We're also affected by this and have emailed wegift several times.  We got a reply initially to confirm they voucher was in line to be paid within 90-120 days and then nothing.  After reading this thread one thing that's not been mentioned is that Wegift (or any other third party company) don't give out free gifts unless they are getting something in return.  In this case I would guess that Vodafone paid Wegift a referal fee for bringing the customers in.  This would mean that Wegift made a large profit off referal fees without having to pay out to customers.  If a referal fee was paid to Wegift by Vodaphone then there is a commercial relationship between the two companies.

I think the best way forward is a Andyyy said and complain to Ofcom using Ofcom reference: 00881975.  This is what I'll be doing to try and add to the numbers and force an investigation as whichever way you look at it there should be more action and information from Vodafone about their commercial relationship with Wegift.

Very well said. This has been my point previously when Vodafone have claimed it's nothing to do with them - yet they have benefited from all the extra custom, so there is clearly a commercial relationship here. Vodafone can't claim it's nothing to do with them! The whole thing stinks and not the way a big company should operate or treat its customers. 

I was lured in too by £100 voucher, particularly is it had the Vodafone logo to give it authenticity..and I guess Vodafone have not pulled wegift up for unauthorised use of their logo which suggests an agreement exists. I've been on the wegift website, but am still seeking contact names and addresses. I received a confirmation email with the vodafone name attached to the email from wegift , and then have a ref no and confirmation of purchases although wegift say they haven't received confirmation yet from vodafone...they also say the voucher will be available after 120 days (July 2020)...by which time they'll be hoping I've forgotten. I'm going to write to Vodafone and telll them my purchase was conditional on receiving the advertised £100 voucher, and that if it is not received by x date, then I will take that as a breach of contract. That might mean small claims court (with all my hard copied documents) or I cancel the direct debit and tell them to take me to court if they dare.. It's clear this appears dodgy from what others have said, but I'll give them until July 2020...You'd expect an outfit like Vodafone would want to distance themselves from this escalating controversy..and believe me, it will be escalated, I've seen off bigger fish the Vodafone...

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you continue to get nothing done then the only way to get any response is to go Nuclear on them - that includes pointing out the problem to the web site where you saw the offer, and reporting the offer to both Newbury Trading Standards and Ofcom - both of which have experience of previous instances of such offers going wrong and to whom VF have previously made assurances!  It can also be useful to contact the BBCs Watchdog program!

If you complain by email, it's always a good idea to CC Vodafone too - historically such actions work!  Oh, and search for websites that list the CEOs personal emails - I would give you the site, but it's blocked from being posted :Confused_face:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, I've had an update from our dedicated team who work with affiliate voucher queries.

They've advised the following:

1. It'll take between 90 and 120 days after the original purchase date for your purchase to be verified as eligible for a voucher. We strongly recommend letting this 120-day period pass before querying the status of your voucher.
  2. Once verified, details of how to claim the voucher will be sent to the email address you have provided. You'll then have 90 days to claim this voucher.
  3. If you have any issues you're able to contact the WeGift team through the confirmation email, or can email Awin using uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com

I hope this helps.

My voucher 'details/status' email from wegift says they are still waiting for Vodafone to confirm the purchase, usually take up to 2 weeks, but this is four weeks ago ? They don't reply to emails nor do they reply to data subject requests...So who at vodafone has to confirm this because my 120 days doesn't start until sale is confirmed ?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pbjacko1950 The 120 days will be the amount of time it can take for the voucher to be verified from your purchase date. If you purchased this four weeks ago, it can take a further 2-3 months for this to be verified and for you to receive your confirmation email from WeGift.

@AMR2020 As it's been over the 120 days since your purchase, have you received any confirmation emails to your spam/junk folders to the email address you provided them? You're also able to contact them through the email they'll have sent to you after your purchase - please click 'Check the status of your reward' and under 'Do you have a question?', you'll need to select the relevant option to get in touch with their team directly. They'll then be able to chase this up for you.

Thanks for the info, although we gift say 2 weeks to get confirmation that I actually signed up within the dates of their promo...then 120 days AFTER that for the actual voucher.

Also, I have tried 3 times to respond to wegift, as described in your suggestion...each time from their email and using their form....they did not even ackowledge reciept of my query...and no, there was nothingin my spam or junk box..

It would clearly be less frustrating for everyone if wegift took the time to respond the Vodafone customers who have signed up having been attracted by the £100 Vodafone Amazon voucher.

The lack of communication engenders a lack of trust in the process which, tbh, isn't helped by Vodafone distancing themselves from this by stating it is nothing to do with them and to contact the promoter.. Clearly vodafone have allowed wegift to use your logo, and you did say above they are affiliated to vodafone... It would help us all if either you put pressure on wegift to respond to your new customers concerns and/or you had a specific named contact on your website where someone would accept and respond to emails of concern from annoyed and frustrated customers lured in to a contract with Vodafone which insreasingly looks like a total scam..

affiliated
/əˈfɪlɪeɪtɪd/
Learn to pronounce

adjective
adjective: affiliated
  1. (of a subsidiary group or a person) officially attached or connected to an organization.