Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

£100 Amazon reward voucher not received after joining Vodaphone Broadband

Monkfish457
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

OK, Hi to everyone, my first post.

Where shall I start. I have a dual 18 month contract for myself and my wife's phones. I got an offer to swap to Superfast Broadband and get a £100 voucher from one of a selection of associated retailers to Vodaphone. Sounded like a great deal so I chose to swap away from TalkTalk as their customer service was impossible to get hold of. I chose a £100 Amazon voucher and received a confirmation message informing me that after 3 months a voucher would be sent out to me after the validity period had been confirmed. Six months down the line and I've still not received my voucher.

I wanted to buy an expensive item off Amazon so this re-jogged my memory and I started to chase this up.  Eventually I was supplied with an Email to uk-vodaphonevouchers*awin.c@m to complain and ask for follow-up. (Note: the * and @ are substituted for '@' and 'com' to allow the address to be submitted)

Guess what.....I got a reply telling me the domain is not valid....great, and thought I had finally made the progress I needed. I Phoned again and they all say the same namely, 'thats the Email we have been given and should be used to complain'. I've now spent almost two hours on the phone to various Vodaphone departments and I feel like I'm bashing my head against a wall. I also hope 0808 numbers aren't premium or this will be costing me a fortune. Apparently it's via a third party company called WeGift, but the obviously don't!

Can anyone help with resolving this problem???

Stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, It seems there’s been a little confusion regarding these offers 😕 Let’s see if we can clear things up a little and help get everyone on the right track 😁

You’re only eligible if  you sign up online, and fill in your email address after clicking out on the third party site, before landing on our site.

It can take up to 120 days to receive the gift card and you must wait this time before raising this further.

If you've not received your giftcard after this time, please follow one of the below escalation routes 👉

• If you switched using Uswitch between the 1st of December 2019 and the 27th of February 2020 .Pop you query over to uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com
  • If you joined us through Uswitch on or after the 28th of February 2020: Any queries should be sent to rewards@giftcloud.com
  • If you came to us through Money Super Market, Broadband Choices, Go Compare, Money Saving Expert etc  at any timeYou can raise any queries  to uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com

View solution in original position

174 REPLIES 174

Have been waiting over a year now. Many emails sent and ignored. Finally Vodafone chat person put me in tough with wegift.io Sent them all the details today . Glad to see that some on here have received their vouchers.

Will update if I get any progress.

Absolutely shocking response from a company of this size. Vodafone should be ashamed.

Nick

So in actual fact, it is a campaign "WE'RE" aware of then, huh?!?! Yet you try to just fob people off without looking into it, using ignorance as a tool and you stand corrected because all these people who have been affetced know far more than you do as a Vodafone employee?!?!

Shocking.

Hi all.. 

I am so pleased I've found this forum.  I've been driving myself crazy for weeks now trying to contact people. I had a feeling it must be a rip off but I agree with all the comments here that Vodafone should be held accountable too as promoters. 

Please feel free to include me in any further claims you want to put to Vodafone as I am more than happy to support you. 

Also, since changing to Vodafone my broadband hasn't been great either and I've complained about that separately and received a 15% discount.  I'd rather have decent speed than a discount tbh as it drives us all crazy with it hanging . 

Lorretta 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I had been following this thread as I joined Vodafone on 22nd May. I have just received my gift card from wegift.io today 29 July (Only £75.00 for me) so just over 9 weeks. May give you some idea of how long you need to wait

Edited as my math was wrong.

Hi did you have to chase them as I joined Vodafone on 23nd April 2020 

Jayach

lorretta1

No I just waited and got the email today. I was a little worried as I upgraded from Superfast 2 to Superfast 2 Extra shortly after joining to get the Apple TV 4K and wondered if that would make me ineligible for the reward voucher.

But no it all went fine. Maybe I was just lucky.

Andyyy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Have had similar experience after signing up for broadband.

The third party company dealing with the Gift vouchers is now claiming the sign up was done through asome random website that I never even heard of and strangly enough I visited that site after they claimed this to find that that site doesnt even offer Vodfone promotions. 

I signed up after visiting USwitch,com which directed me to the vodafone main site to sign up still have all the Email confirmations and referance numbers from them to prove it!

Sent complaint Emails to them & Uswitch with no responce from either.

Forwarded all this to Trading standards now, best I can hope for is they investigate all the other cases where people have been drawn into this scam

and force this promotion off the web.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Andyyy , I'm sorry to hear you've not received your Amazon voucher. Have you conracted the WeGift team and have they got back to you? This isn't an offer that we've run ourselves and looks to be through a third party.  Please keep us updated with how you get on with this. 

Contacted them, 

They are claiming there order wasn't placed through Vodaphone, 

I have the order confirmation to prove otherwise, 

Sent them this and email evidence of the initial sign up that was 2 days ago and they still havnt responded, 

Copied in, uswitch complaints as they are the initially offering the promotion, 

They havnt responded either, 

Filled complaint now with trading standards, Ofcom, advertising standards agency, 

Waiting in reply from trading standards, 

OFCOM have replied and advised to take complaint with Vodafone as the promotion is offered in partnership with Vodafone and WeGift.

And will investigate further if more complaints are received 

Anyone else on the community forum having similar issues with this promotion, 

Can complain to Ofcom 

And site the reference in thier complaint 

Ofcom reference: 00881975

Great work.

keep going. I had a message from broadband choices saying it's Vodafone's fault not theirs. It's all so confusing. I battled online with Vodafone and got some money credited to bill but it's not the value of the voucher.