Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

£75 Amazon voucher

Angrybird5
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have spent 2 days chasing up my £75 Amazon voucher. I am not happy. I have spoke to the useless TOBi a million times, spoken to 2 advisors on the app and both times given email addresses where I was assured I would get my voucher. I rang customer services twice. The first time I was so angry I asked Vodafone to cancel my subscription even though I’d only just signed up. The guy put me through to ‘we gift’ and the connection was so poor I couldn’t hear what the guy, who was Scandinavian or something was saying. Second time I rang customer services I was on hold for 20 mins until I gave up. I am ready to cancel my two mobile phone contracts, my Apple Watch contract and my broadband. Surely this is false advertising and breaches trading standards 

31 REPLIES 31

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you had claiming your Amazon voucher @Mathusha. If you'd like us to double check the details on the account for you, we'd be more than happy to help. So we can get the ball rolling, please drop us a message over on social media here and we'll get started 👍

Hi Farai, 

I wasted almost an hour this morning with Vodaphone live chat only to listen two excuses. Apparently the order placed when offer wasn't available, which is entirely untrue as I wouldn't have placed the order without the offer as I would have shopped around while many other providers are giving offers, I checked many times before placing the order. This is very humiliating and frustrating when a promise by one of the biggest telecommunication company was not honoured. I am sorry to say, that I was so frustrated that I left a review at trustpilot so that potential customers can prevent what happened to me. 

I am not in any social media. If you want me to send any order details, send me your e-mail address. 

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I can certainly understand your frustration @Mathusha. We'd like to help you find out exactly what's happened here. In order for us to able to discuss the account in more details, you'd have to reach out to us on the correct channels. Account specific details can only be discuss via Social Media, over the phone or via Live Chat. 

As you've already been in touch with us over Live Chat, we'd like to take another look at the account to double check all the relevant details for you again. If this is something you decide you'd like us to do, we recommend signing up for a temporary Facebook or Twitter page to allow us to discuss the account further. It can also be an anonymous social media account if this would be more comfortable for you 👍

As I said, I am not going to go through the palaver of creating a social media account  for Vodafone's inability to honour customer promise.  Vodaphone has all of my details, and I am sure it wouldn't be that difficult to investigate this. I am not interested in the voucher anymore (Simply disgusted already) , and my purpose of the initial posting was , so that potential customers can be well aware of the con they may be getting into. thanks. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Mathusha, these offers can be very confusing, sometimes they are run by Vodafone themselves and sometimes via 3rd party sites.

I signed up via MSE (Money saving expert),but the voucher was administered by Wegift.

The voucher can take up to 120 days to arrive, but I got a email from Wegift to say I was signed up soon after joining. Like this:

wegift.png

Check you haven't had something similar, which has gone into spam.

After that email I heard nothing until a similar email with the voucher arrived.

I don't think it is a deliberate con, more that Vodafone are totally incompetent.

Hi. I'm not on the Social things. i did do the "chat" and was assured by Sumit that he would leave a smile on my face by sorting out the vanished £75 Amazon Voucher.

I admired his optimism and enthusiasm....he failed dismally of course....I had been promised like this by Vodafone before. I also feel conned - I only signed up for the promised £75...even 'though Amazon is also of doubtful integrity.

I'm also missing my £75 voucher. Registered on 29/04/2021 (been a disaster since then, but hey ho!). Did everything correctly, even waited after the stated 120 days...now I'm passed from pillar to post and still ne e-mail with the £75 promised voucher.

What is going on at Vodafone???

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tomba1! I'm sorry to hear you're missing the Amazon voucher. If you were eligible for one of these, you would have received an email on confirmation of the product purchase which advised that we'd be in contact later on down the line with further instructions of how to claim this. The original email should also contain a link that shows how much time is left on this before you will receive the voucher. If you're unable to view this email or this time has passed, please contact our Social Media team and they'll be able to investigate this or escalate if needed 🙂

Hi Beth, 

Thanks. I did everything correctly. Vodafone even reminded me to make the purchase at the same time as they confirmed the purchase. They said to wait for 120 days to pass before querying the status of the £75 as I could not query it before then. They said that after 120 days of service I would receive an e-mail. i never got the 120 day e-mail.

How do I get in touch with the Social Madia Team please (I don't tweet, etsy,  facebook, etc)?

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tomba1 Our social media team is only over Twitter or Facebook. In this case, I would recommend contacting our Customer Service team on 191 from a Vodafone phone (03333 040191 from any other UK phone) or through our live chat team here 🙂