Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Alexa Speaker thing

FiremanMatt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Anyone having trouble trying to connect the speaker part to work properly?

I was recently brainwashed by the guy in the store to get home broadband. The deal in the widow and on the posters stated I got a 4K fire stick and an echo dot thing 500mps for £38 a month but come signing turned out all out of stock but new offer available - surprise!

Got this pro thing that includes a booster/speaker thing but can I make it work? Can I eck.  You're supposed to shout 'Alexa' and ask it whatever but all I get is 3 red lights which means it's not connected.

Downloaded the Alexa app and gone through the instructions but no avail. 

Vodafone keep fobbing me off and say phone Amazon as Alexa is their thing even though it's got the Vodafone logo on it. 

Anyone else had an issue with these things?

Ta

13 REPLIES 13

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

It sound like your Alexa isn't connected to your WiFi service @FiremanMatt. Setting it up is a really quick process and can be done by following these steps 👇

- Connect your Echo's power supply

- Install the Amazon Alexa app on your phone

- Tap the Devices icon, then the + symbol

- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the Echo to your Wi-Fi network and enter its password

- Alexa is ready for you to enable skills

If you're still struggling to connect your Alexa, check out Amazon's Set up Guide.

Hi Mark,

I've done the basics and more but still won't work properly.  

Alexa cannot find the device because it isnt listed as a speaker no matter how many times I try, when I log into the Vodafone app all I get is 'Something unexpected had happened' and that's as far as I get

No point taking it to my local store as the managers no help, he's got his commission for selling broadband now so he just fobs me off to customer services. Supposed to get some Xpert too as it's pro broadband but there's never anyone there so just rings out. Absolute poor service from Vodafone this

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you checked the steps on Amazon's troubleshooting page @FiremanMatt? There should be something to help get you connected. If not, I'm sure our WiFi Xperts will be able to make sure the issue's not connected with your service and help you you with set up of your Alexa.  You can call them directly on 0333 3040 191. There also available to chat online.

I had the same problem on set up through the alex app. Turns out you actually have to authorise it through your actual amazon account not the alexa app if that makes sense. 

Hi

Thanks for that mate, you'rea godsend.  I've been on the phone to Voda and Amazon many times over this with no help. That Xpert thing is a waste too as you get no joy

I'll give it a try now

Thanks

No problem at all. Took me a few attempts to realise then I got a text saying a new log in on your amazon account. And yes that live robot chat and expect thing waste of time 🤣 good luck 👍 let me know how you get on mate 

Where abouts do you go on the Amazon app to register the booster?

thanks 

hi, should be in your settings under devices. I actually got a new device is trying to log Into  your account message on my phone. Also if you open your Vodafone broadband app you should have two new icons super wifi amd another one under it click on the alexa built in icon and follow the instructions hope that helps 😀 

Did you ever get it to work? 

I've just set mine up.  You have to set it up by following through the instructions in the "vodaphonebroadband" app.  I takes you through it step by step 

When you open the app up, there is a button for supper WiFi plus with alexa set up