Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Alexa booster ignoring me

Weebeastie
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have a super booster with Alexa which I bought from eBay to try and fill a black spot in my house. I thought I'd just be able to pop it in the house and link it to my router.... doesn't seem to be the case. I need a tile on my app to connect it but it doesn't have that tile. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I suspect it's because you are not on Pro. It would seem Pro customers get their routers configured differently to us ordinary users.

Thanks. Can I manually configure it? Would Vodafone do it?

Jayach

I don't have access to a booster (Alexa or otherwise) but I believe they have a WPS button so you could try pressing that (probably best to do a reset first, there should be a recessed button to hold in for awhile) then press the WPS button on the router. That should pair them.

This post here Re: Super wifi booster not pairing with router - Page 2 - Community home (vodafone.co.uk) says Vodafone send an update to the router, whether they will refuse as you are not Pro I can't say. Give them a call and find out.

Did a reset and hit the wps button and got a solid green light. The Alexa doesn’t work though… when you say “Alexa”it responds with 3 red lights. 
also, rather than boost my signal it has created a new wifi hot spot showing up on “other networks” with separate password required. 

@Weebeastie wrote:

Did a reset and hit the wps button and got a solid green light. The Alexa doesn’t work though… when you say “Alexa”it responds with 3 red lights. 
also, rather than boost my signal it has created a new wifi hot spot showing up on “other networks” with separate password required. 

I’d imagine the app is configured by the router it pairs with to some degree as the booster is only available as part of the 'Pro' packages with Alexa then shown as an optional upgrade,

I suspect you may have to upgrade to ‘Pro’ with Alexa if you are not already on it.   As Jayach says above though - worth asking the question, you have nothing to lose.  Let us know how you get on.

Will do. Thanks for the advice. Will wait until I have an hours holding time spare and give them a call. 

Jayach

For the Alexa problem, you probably have to configure it via the Alexa app on your phone.

The Alexa / Booster needs to be paired to another Vodafone Booster or the Vodafone router from what I can tell.