Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

App wont connect to router - gets stuck in a loop

marooncat2023
2: Seeker

I have Vodafone Broadband and when I got it installed a few months ago the app worked fine and I got one wifi extender set up.   I have an Android Z4 flip and this is up to date.

Then a few weeks ago I realised the app wouldn't connect to the router any more. it seems to get stuck in a loop

It finds my network and connects to the hub, I get a message on screen "your Vodafone WiFi hub is now connected, next we'll pair your router with the app".

When I go continue and the app is a fresh install  I get a message to press the WPS button on my router, which I do and the app seems to connect at this point as the countdown stops, however I then go back to the onscreen message "your Vodafone WiFi hub is now connected, next we'll pair your router with the app". 

At this point I no longer get the "press WPS button" message but go into a loop when I press continue on the ""your Vodafone WiFi hub is now connected, next we'll pair your router with the app".  screen, it searches for network, says its found my network and router and then takes me back to the pair screen.

I have tried this when I am already connected to the wifi before the process or connect to the wifi during it

I have deleted the app numerous times from my phone and reset the router with no change.

There are a few topics on here around this sort of subject but I dont see one that is the same.   Anyone any suggestions of what I can try?  

5 REPLIES 5

Oddbobajob

Hello,

I have the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

SteBid

Hi, I have had exactly the same issue. Vodafone fibre installed today but can't pair booster. My Galaxy android phone will successfully connect to the Hub (press WPS button etc...) but then goes back to the searching for networks page again.  cant get beyond this stage to pair the booster. Rubbish !

james_macleod

Same issue here, tried same approach with clearing caches, clearing data, uninstalling app, reinstalling app etc etc etc still gets stuck in same loop.

Hey @james_macleod If you haven't already, please reach out to the dedicated Broadband Team on 0333 304 0191 or via LiveChat so they can check this out for you. 

james_macleod

Same issue here, tried same approach with clearing caches, clearing data, uninstalling app, reinstalling app etc etc etc still gets stuck in same loop.