Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband app won’t pair with phone

lukejmcgrath
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My broadband app won’t pair with my phone, it hangs on the screen that asks me to press WPS for 2 seconds. 

I've tried turning off mobile data, deleting and reinstalling the app and turning my router off and on again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

AHA!

WPS enables you to easily connect wireless devices to your Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub. Here, you can choose how you want to connect your wireless devices.

WPS Function

WPS is applied to

Pair your devices by pressing a button

To pair your device, press 'Pair'. Then press the WPS button on the device you want to connect.
Your Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub will be open for pairing for up to two minutes after you've pressed 'Pair.'
Start pairing

On my old VM hub it also gave an option to enter a PIN number.

So the app is deficient to the extent of 1 pairing button.

iOS 10.1 or better?
Daft idea, the base of the hub has a QR code?

View solution in original position

43 REPLIES 43

Hi

AHA!

WPS enables you to easily connect wireless devices to your Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub. Here, you can choose how you want to connect your wireless devices.

WPS Function

WPS is applied to

Pair your devices by pressing a button

To pair your device, press 'Pair'. Then press the WPS button on the device you want to connect.
Your Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub will be open for pairing for up to two minutes after you've pressed 'Pair.'
Start pairing

On my old VM hub it also gave an option to enter a PIN number.

So the app is deficient to the extent of 1 pairing button.

iOS 10.1 or better?
Daft idea, the base of the hub has a QR code?

Thank you - the QR code did it!

It must have bypassed the app set up process - which only ever gave me the useless WPS option.

Must be a bug with the app, it shouldn't suggest WPS on iPhones.

Thanks for helping. Hopefully Vodafone fix the issue too and just recommend the QR option.

Prego.

Hi, could you advise exactly how you managed to pair with the QR reader please?

I just used the camera app on my iPhone and pointed it at the QR code on the router. 

This slipped all the set up and connected the app to my WiFi. 

I still have the same issue.  I can connect to the wifi via all devices but cannot pair the vodafone app on my iphone with my router - which in turn means i cannot set up the wifi extender as that is done via the app.

vodafone this is really poor.  Why did you provide one method (WPS) to pair the router with a device such as an iphone WHICH DOESNT SUPPORT WPS

I have been through 4 extenders so far and they don't stay connected for more than 2 days at best. Now given up trying and work closer to the router rather than my work room. 

I have resolved the issue.

Unplug the power lead from the router.

Delete the app of your phone.

Power on the router and wait till you get a solid white light.

Re install the app on your phone.

Go through the app set up and press the wps button when requested to do so (i know an iphone doesnt use wps)

At this point my iphone connected.

I later had problems setting up the wifi booster (which is done via the app) as the wifi booster tile wasnt showing in the app.

I tried ringing customer support but gave up after 15-20mins on hold and used their chat app.  After about 1 and a half hrs it was resolved by voda making remote changes which i suspect was a router firmware update.

An unnecessary long winded process which should have and could have been much less painful with a bit more thought around processes and set up from voda.

Likewise but the extenders failed again after a day or so. I just gave up after that. Hope it works for you though 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Walshie1387 wrote:

I later had problems setting up the wifi booster (which is done via the app) as the wifi booster tile wasnt showing in the app.

I tried ringing customer support but gave up after 15-20mins on hold and used their chat app.  After about 1 and a half hrs it was resolved by voda making remote changes which i suspect was a router firmware update.

It's actually just a configuration change to the router, the firmware stays the same. (AFAIK)