Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cant access some sites since Wednesday night

Dadabongo
4: Newbie

So, Wednesday night everything was working fine. Then Tuesday I couldn't access some of my streaming services via Vodafone Broadband. I also couldn't sign I'm to my remote work app. Now we have also found that we can't log in to origin or ea on the PC for the kids. Is anyone else having issues that started Thursday 07/04/2022 Morning with Vodafone Broadband. I am on 900mbs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, Vodafone has now escalated the issue to level 3. I’m losing count of how many times I’ve been asked to reboot my Vodafone router. 
Is there a level 4 next?

View solution in original position

38 REPLIES 38

Yesterday everything was resolved. But today all if my issues are back again. I did everything to try and resolve it my end. Even plugged the supplied very poor standard vodafone router in. So please be persistent it is a Vodafone broadband issue. The fact that you can connect using your mobile hotspot confirms that. Again everything works fine when I connect to my mobile. 

Played DCS via hotspot when playing on a server run on a friends computer, but broadband when on our main server

Dadabongo
4: Newbie

I am currently online with the wifixperts again. They have told me that this issue would not allow me to get out of my contract 🤣

20220412_094358.jpg

Vodafone sent out Openreach to check my line. Everything ok with the line, which is no surprise because some devices are working and others aren't. The engineer suggested there had probably been an update of the Vodafone router which had changed firewall settings, impacting some devices but not others.

I don't use a Vodafone router so it cant be that. I did plug the Vodafone router in when i contacted the.m as they would have just blamed my router. They called me yesterday and said that they know there is a problem but don't know what or where.  They think it may be one of their other service providers. Doesn't explain that everything was back up and working yesterday and down again today. I was with Virgin Megia for over 10 years and never had an issue.

I've just moved from Virgin last week and agree very little issues. 2nd line called me up and confirmed it should now be resolved, consoles are still working slowly and they suggested turning off some of the devices as nearly 20 are running. Problem is I have 4 kids and they use a device per limb.   I was using a deco M5 set up with virgin, but that didn't seem to play nicely when I tried plugging it into the voda router and switching the wifi off.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The Deco M5's should work as long as you use Access Point mode and not router mode.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode? | TP-Link United Kingdom

Are you on FTTC or FTTP (full fibre)

I am still having this error… again it started on Thursday 7th April. However was finally acknowledged at the weekend. I have just spoken with Vodafone once again who have raised the issue further and it is now on the 3rd line! And that I should be contacted within 24hrs with an update or if it has been fixed. 

They once again got me to change my content controls, as it doesn’t seem to save after acknowledging the change. 

Will see if there is an update soon. 

Thanks for the update. I'm still having the issue too. To make matters worse, I'm now struggling to use Netflix, Amazon etc through my PS4! I'm getting the PS4 error message: "Cannot connect to the server within the time limit. There might have been a problem in connecting to the network, or PlayStation Network or the server of the service provider might be temporarily busy. (NP-41397-4)." It must be related to the router issue, surely?

They have done exactly same for me. The frustrating thing is I have Vodafone mobile that allows to me to access sites, but they still keep going around the houses