main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Failed upgrade.

Ianra2005
3: Seeker

Vodafone contract ends 10th June. Had an email offering Vodafone Pro, with a discount and a £75 bonus, as long as I placed the order by 30th April. Placed an order 23rd April and heard nothing since!

just checked the order and it was cancelled by Vodafone. Tried two chats, both times when I got through to someone who could help (after being passed to the right team, explaining the problem each time, getting through security each time) only to be cut off each time. Just tried going old school and using the phone to speak to them, exactly the same thing happened, eventually got to the right team only to be cut off. 
I have to assume Vodafone are happy for me to go somewhere else for my Broadband. Anyone else had the same issues? Or indeed have any idea why my order was cancelled because I still have no idea!!

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

For some reason it sounds like Vodafone's systems have auto kicked in to cancel , maybe.

May I suggest that you call the Broadband Team  “ call 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week. ”

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook can help too but not from your post here as there is no account access via this forum @Ianra2005 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

After that experience of Vodafone's "support" I'm surprised you would want to stay with them.

View more options
Ianra2005
3: Seeker

I can’t waste any more time on it anyway, certainly no point ringing the ‘Broadband Team’, tried that already and just when I get to the point where I think I might get an answer.....they cut me off!!

I’m assuming that either they were over subscribed to the offer (probably have a marketing budget which got spent) or there was a shortage of hardware so they just cancelled the order (and never bothered telling me as they are supposed to do).

Anyway as my current contract ends on the 10th June I shall be off to pastures new!

just thought, I might make an official complaint, see if I can get some compensation.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Fair enough @Ianra2005 

Take into account the contract would not tyoicalky just end automatically.

See cancel-your-account. And I-want-to-cancel-my-home-broadband-service. 

Please leave any relevant direct debit in place until any final monies are paid and you get a sorry your leaving letter.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Ianra2005 

This will be a glitch between Vodafone and Openreach and may not necessarily be at Vodafone's end. 

This is easily solved to enable you to upgrade with the promised discount.  Speak to the Social Team and they will help as much as they possibly can here: Contact the Social Team 

View more options
Jayach

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @Ianra2005 

This will be a glitch between Vodafone and Openreach and may not necessarily be at Vodafone's end. 

How can you try to blame it on Openreach? She was trying to upgrade to Pro, the Openreach connection will not change! It's definitely another Vodafone blunder.

View more options
AnnS

Fair enough  @Jayach  quite understandable. It was an error with Vodafone.

View more options
gipjon

well that saved me making comments jay (you beat me to it ) well apart from i came across the vodafone pro facebook link so i went and had a look and all i can say, there was hundreds of posts all complaint saying broadband cancel . Broadband not working and terrible customer service .never seen so many unhappy customers posts.

View more options
HappyNomad
13: Advanced Member

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Take into account the contract would not typically just end automatically.

Must be selective contracts that 'just end automatically' then - like at the end of the contract period...

My contract 'just ended automatically' on the very day it was due to end strangely enough, and to make sure I knew that it had ended, I had an email advising me that the £23 per month price would be immediately increased to £27.03 (just over 17.5%)...

1. 4.5% (£1.03) annual increase (way above inflation at 0.6%)
  2. an increase of £3.00 because my minimum contract period of 18 months had ended.

Clearly, my 18 month contract automatically ended as:

• I defaulted into a new one month rolling contract and
  • exit fees were no longer applicable.  
View more options