Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty Router?

mkinross
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Recently my internet has been playing up.  The router is connected to the internet all the time with no issues and showing a good speed (around 30Mpbs) however after about a day I have to reset the router as the 2.4Ghz Wifi becomes really slow.  Any device linked that way shows slow internet speed.

Some devices cannot find the 5Ghz signal even though they are near the router.  If I reset the router it is all fine for the next couple of days.  With everything just now I haven't tried to contact Customer Services as they are really busy but feel the router is getting worse.

If I look at the event log on the router it shows the devices disconnected from the IP address assigned to them.  I have changed the lease time on DHCP to 'Forever'. to see if that makes a difference too or it might be a "red herring".

Any suggestions? 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I don't pretend to know all about Broadband and internet settings as I'm pretty much a plug and play user @mkinross 

I see you've tried already splitting your router frequencies.

Have you tried choosing a different wireless channel ?

Also are things ok if you hook up by ethernet cable where available  ?

Live Chat and customer service via 191 will be busy but sometimes it's time to use them.

Be prepared for a wait however.

Maybe conduct a forum search and Google Search or search the Vodafone Support pages if you haven't already.

Some find using their own router is better for them 》HOW-TO-Use-a-third-party-router-on-Vodafone-VDSL.  I'm not saying you should as the Vodafone Connect Router should be adequate.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries will also be able to help.

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.