Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Miss Sold broadband

Aimeerosso
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

just signed up for Fibre Broadband. I had the mobile broadband but not quick enough so called to upgrade to Fibre100. Had and hour and had call to set up including long discussion and several confirmations that the charge would be £28. Then half way through he quote price and said £54 minus £12 discount is £27. I said that comes to £42 not £27 and I also thought it was £28. He said “No No my mistake I panicked then. It’s definitely £27.” I discussed the charge increase expected towards the end of contract and  he confirmed he wouldn’t be more that £7 increase ever on the contract including the April increase. I was very clear about  the monthly charge being £27

Todag whilst I’m waiting for the installer I checked the email confirmation and it says £42 per month!!!!

this is not what we agreed and confirms he was lying blatantly during the call

im shocked but stuck as I need the internet I can’t go Without it and they agreed to extend the mobile broadband call off time until the installer comes to fit the broadband   I now feel like I’m stuck and have been completely ripped off

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I personally would never sign up to broadband over the phone, I would always do it on-line, that way you can see what you are signing up to. You can also go via a comparison site and possibly get vouchers/cashback.

Anyway, Full Fibre 100 is £28,00 but prices may differ in other areas. 

Jayach_0-1680908823488.png

No one can tell you what price rises there may be during your contract, as no one knows what CPI will be in 1 or 2 years time.

I would suggest raising a complaint, there should be a recording of your conversation.

I'm not a great fan of Vodafone, and the support desk can tell a few porkies (due to lack of knowledge) but I don't believe they would lie, just to get a sale.

Hope you get it sorted. do let us know what happens.

just signed up for Fibre Broadband. I had the mobile broadband but not quick enough so called to upgrade to Fibre100. Had and hour and had call to set up including long discussion and several confirmations that the charge would be £28. Then half way through he quote price and said £54 minus £12 discount is £27. I said that comes to £42 not £27 and I also thought it was £28. He said “No No my mistake I panicked then. It’s definitely £27.” I discussed the charge increase expected towards the end of contract and  he confirmed he wouldn’t be more that £7 increase ever on the contract including the April increase. I was very clear about  the monthly charge being £27

Todag whilst I’m waiting for the installer I checked the email confirmation and it says £42 per month!!!!

this is not what we agreed and confirms he was lying blatantly during the call

im shocked but stuck as I need the internet I can’t go Without it and they agreed to extend the mobile broadband call off time until the installer comes to fit the broadband   I now feel like I’m stuck and have been completely ripped off

Following on from what Jayach said as you've already had a service with us it could be a pro rata charge. Your first month will include one month in advance plus the days up until your billing date - After this it would only be the agreed monthly charge.

My team can check into it for you, you can find out how to contact us here

Thank yo

i called today and asked for the call to be listened to. They said if correct they would honour the discussion. 

let see what comes back 😩