Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart bulbs and plugs can’t connect

freekeee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’ve just started a contract with Vodafone broadband and got everything set up and working. Everything seems good, expect for the fact I can’t connect my smart devices.

I’ve done everything I can think of to get them to connect, set my router to the 2.4GHz band, set it to the 5/2.4GHz band. Tried both ways of paring the smart life app offered me and none of that worked.

The only thing that did work was setting up the guest connection and using that. I breathed a sigh of relief somewhat. But then some weirdness happened. I could no longer connect anything to the base connection and was told that the password was wrong. I was also told I had the wrong password when trying to get into the router setting again. I had no choice but to physically factory reset the router to gain any access again. But of course my plugs and bulbs are still unpaired and I don’t want to try using the guest connection again after that panic! Any light (heh) or help with this? 

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member

As long as you are not on Pro, split the bands and make sure the device you are running the configuration app on is also connected to 2.4Ghz. After configuring them you can re-join the bands, if you wish.

Jayach_0-1665099758718.png

Already tried that. No good. The smart bulb did stop flashing every time I did it as if something was happening but in the end the app didn’t show any progress in pairing and  couldn’t find it.  

CrimsonLiar

Out of curiosity are the devices branded "Smart Life"/"Tuya Smart", as the app is used by a number of third parties?  The only way I could set up the devices was to use their own "AP" mode rather than "Easy Mode".  But it's a horrible app and took an age because it wasn't clear from the packaging what setup options were available!

*This was not a setup for myself, do I don't have access to the devices and their associated hub anylonger!