Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The good points of Vodafone broadband

Jayach
16: Advanced member

There has been far too much Vodafone bashing on this forum lately, so I thought I would list its good points.

1. It's cheap (if you don't include the Pro versions)
  2. err

Well if you can think of anymore please join in.

6 REPLIES 6

gipjon

1st Vodafone got a freephone number not that's its any point in ringing because the help is useless 

2nd errr  wow this is hard trying to find the good points, 

sorry but I don't think its cheap for what you get . there are cheaper isp than vodafone 

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@gipjon wrote:

there are cheaper isp than vodafone 

There are?  Depending on the entry route into Vodafone broadband, new customers can currently get Superfast 2 (63 Mbps) for the equivalent of £18.88* per month over a two year contract.

The best offers with comparable speed that I can find on BroadbandChoices.co.uk are

1. Vodafone - £18.88 p/m (£22 x 24mths less £75 gift card) 
  2. Talk Talk - £20.56 p/m (£25 x 18mths less £80 gift card)
  3. Plusnet - £21.11 p/m (£24.99 x 18mths less £70 gift card)
  4. Onestream - £22.50 p/m (£22.50 x 18mths)
  5. John Lewis - £22.75 p/m (£29.00 x 12 mths less £75 gift card)

The rest are £28 and upwards p/m with Shell Energy (formerly Post Office) at a whopping £35.99 p/m.  

Whatever the faults of Vodafone, the one thing they appear to lead on is price.  

Speaking as I find, I have just started my third contract...

• Apart from what appears to be the obligatory appalling start to the first contract - HHG2500 router related - I have not needed to contact support.
  • Biggest issue since has been Apple devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting in contract number 2 with a THG3000 router.  (Annoying to say the least with four Apple devices permanently in use) 
  • Since binning off the THG3000 in favour of my own modem & router it has been100% uptime, no user intervention beyond curiosity and the odd bit of 'tinkering' for the sake of tinkering.  It has been fast and reliable.
  • My p/m price went down by £5p/m for contract two and down a further £4 p/m for contract 3 - it is now £9 p/m lower than it was in contract 1.

I am happy then with the actual broadband connection and for me, that outweighs the evident support, customer service and community downsides* that haven’t really had any impact on me since the very early days three years back.

* Does the Community (these forums) constitute part of the paid for service or is it a 'handy/nice to have' freebie?  I suspect it is more for Vodafone to see and manage the discussions rather than allow an anti-VF site to develop - anybody remember the old 'N T Hell' site?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The good point?  Well, at least I still have broadband - due to a very specific oversubscription problem OR will not do a lift and switch here, so if I tried to move suppliers I could only get a slower product, and would have to join a queue!

As for the old N T Hell site, yes I remember it and even considered starting something similar...

Jayach

@Anonymous wrote:

As for the old N T Hell site, yes I remember it and even considered starting something similar...

I don't remember that site, but go for it. We would all love to contribute.

Jayach

@gipjon wrote:

sorry but I don't think its cheap for what you get . there are cheaper isp than vodafone 

There weren't when I joined, that's why I came here. (I'm going to be a lot more careful once I'm able to leave)

Currently you could join Vodafone via Broadband Genie for £22.00 per month for Superfast2 with £100,00 Amazon voucher.

That seems pretty cheap to me.

https://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broadband/partner/mse/out/product/631

alwaysreading
4: Newbie

@Jayach wrote:

There has been far too much Vodafone bashing on this forum lately, so I thought I would list its good points.

1. It's cheap (if you don't include the Pro versions)

I don't think its cheap 

1st  ---------------- 

just thought of one then I realise it was sky broadband I was thinking of