Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Turning off text message billing notifications

sheepdontsing
2: Seeker

At the moment, I get a text message and an email that my broadband bill is due. I have a Direct Debit set up which is always covered, so I don't need a reminder, especially not by two different methods.

Is there a way to turn off these notifications? If I have to receive them, is there a way I can turn off just the SMS?

13 REPLIES 13

sheepdontsing

All sorted - I went onto the live chat, and 40 minutes (!) later, a rep was able to make the change I needed.

Hi

Do you mind telling me how to disable billing text and email notifications too? I didn't see the solution posted so would really appreciate the help

@Lalaf wrote:

Hi

Do you mind telling me how to disable billing text and email notifications too? I didn't see the solution posted so would really appreciate the help

I should un-set this solution, really. The rep claimed that they'd sorted it, but I still get them. I assume they're not possible to turn off.

Oh that's a pity - did you try turning off marketing preferences for text and email? That's what a rep told me but I thought that would be for marketing only, that bills would still give you notification

Yeah, I tried that at first, but this isn't a marketing communication. I assume the reps are just following a script and the only answer they have for anyone asking about texts is marketing-related.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @sheepdontsing - I'm glad you were able to get this sorted 😊

@Lalaf If you're still receiving billing notifications via channels you'd prefer not to, please drop us a message on social media so that we can look into this for you!

@evie I wasn't, in fact, able to get this sorted. I thought it was, and the rep assured me it was, but a month later, I got them again. If you know of a way to turn these notifications off I would love to get it done.

I am suffering these automated messages on my landline and I followed this thread earlier in the year and wasted 30 minutes of my life talking to an agent who said they would turn them off.. Lie... Still happening and no way to turn these off from the account page... Come on Vodafone there has to be a way to stop these messages we don't need them we get e-mails!!!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Holien99 we can't stop you receiving some form of billing notification, but we can certainly make sure you receive this by a preferred method. As we'll need access to your account to do this and are unable to discuss this over a public forum such as our Community, pop us a private message through Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and one of our Social team will be happy to help.