Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unwanted router - do I just bin it?

Dempo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just moved house, and Vodafone told me to take my old router with me to the new address.  Now I have a new contract, (they didn't seem to be able to  simply swap the address, ) so they sent me a brand new router.

I can't get through to them to find out what to do with the old one?  Does it belong to me or them? Pretty sure they charged me for it at the start.....   Can I just bin it, or do I have to return it to Vodafone?

2 REPLIES 2

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

If it's for an old service, please feel free to recycle this @Dempo. We can also request for a returns pack to be sent out to for it,  but we can't guarantee that it will sent out for a cancelled account. If you'd like us to give it a go though, please drop us a message over on Social Media here and a member of the team will help you get this sorted 👍

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

1. @Farai wrote:

If it's for an old service, please feel free to recycle this @Dempo. We can also request for a returns pack to be sent out to for it,  but we can't guarantee that it will sent out for a cancelled account. If you'd like us to give it a go though, please drop us a message over on Social Media here and a member of the team will help you get this sorted 👍

More shaky advice from a forum moderator then…

Old account or otherwise, Vodafone is compelled to take back the equipment it has supplied to its customers if so requested.  See recent discussion here where member, @Anonymous provides some detail of an equipment distributor's responsibilities.

Additionally, see here:  Vodafone say:  

Broadband router return – If you have a Home Broadband router that needs returning to us, please get in touch by calling 08080 034 515, free from all UK landlines and mobiles or 191 from a Vodafone mobile.