cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What can I realistically ask for if I’m thinking of leaving Vodafone?

PlazaPlayer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey Peeps,

First off, this is not some greedy I want this post. This is a genuine question.

I have been with Vodafone for over 16 years. I have my monthly sim only deal with unlimited calls, texts and 100 Gig data. I also have my Broadband and home phone with Vodafone. On top of that, I have a second address which is also home phone and broadband with Vodafone.

Last year, I had a problem with the second address and it took over 4 months to sort out the landline not receiving incoming calls. Three times I was told an engineer was coming on such a day to sort it out and never showed. I appreciate it’s not Vodafone’s engineer, but still, Vodafone are my provider so the buck stops with them.

I was informed I would get a decent discount when I next renewed the contract. I was never compensated for the 4 months of not receiving calls and ultimately, there was no record on my account regarding any discount when it came to renew.

When I wanted to renew my Sim contract and because I do not work due to a medical fk up on my lower back in 2009, I hardly use my mobile these days, so I have no need for unlimited this or that. I spend 23.5 hrs a day in bed 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. So I wanted the minimum monthly contract. Now despite being with Vodafone like I said for 16 years, I was not allowed the £6 deal with 6 Gig data with ex amount of minutes along with unlimited texts, no, that was for new customers. For the loyal customers, who had been with Vodafone for 16 years and who had a 4 month gap of incoming calls the previous year, the lowest I was told was £12 a month and for LESS data of just 1 Gig.

But not only that, my home broadband drops connection at least 5 times a day, every day and takes at least two minutes to come back on which doesn’t sound much. But when you play online games like poker for real cash which as resulted in lost pots worth more than the monthly cost of the COMBINED cost of all my Vodafone services, you start to see why I’m asking what I can realistically ask for to renew ALL the products.

I have zero incentive to renew my Vodafone contracts, zero. I can move providers, keep my same number which I’ve had nearly 20 years, get a low cost monthly sim deal and no doubt a decent phone if I looked around to replace my iPhone 7 which is now getting more and more obsolete the further we go into the 2020’s. On top of that, get the latest router and Broadband deal.

I am not asking for the world here and I do not even mind a two or three year contract, so what would be acceptable? A near new iPhone 12 for £20 a month or a near new iPhone 11 max again for £20? Or do I deserve nothing? Should I stay with Vodafone even if they offered me the world?

I must say, Vodafone have been great in the past. I mentioned the back op in 2009. Because I was no longer able to work again EVER, I ended up in £42k of debt. Vodafone like I say were great when I explained my predicament. I can’t recall fully, but they put me on the lowest monthly contract at £5 a month, but also give me £50 credit, which meant I was given 10 months of free use of my mobile and because of this generosity, I remained with Vodafone for the time I have stated, over 16 years in total. I do think I have repaid their generosity now.

So thoughts people please? 

I know I can phone and ask, but I’d like to know how far I can push beforehand. They might offer £100, but considering all the above, you might think it’s got to be worth more than that. I have no idea what to ask for or if Vodafone even care or not.

Thanks in advance peeps and stay safe.

Plaza

3 REPLIES 3

gipjon
16: Advanced member

you should complain and then taken them to cisas with the issue you have/had, that would beat any discount they will offer you by far. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

Thanks for the reply.

I do not think it’s quite got to that stage that I should contact the intermediary police just yet. Although I had to wait over 4 months of no incoming calls, it wasn’t the end of the world. I was hoping with such a big community on here that this post would be responded to quite quickly and by more than just one comment.

Maybe it’s not such a great idea of asking publicly what I should be willing to accept after a not to great service over the past 12/18 months.

Regardless, if you have read this post, I thank you for taking the time out to do that.

Stay Safe People

Plaza

gipjon

You make be able to get the voxi vodafone contract