cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When will Vodafone offer FTTP via Openreach?

JamesBand
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Openreach has now (finally) delivered FTTP to this rural area since Jan 2020 and thus my property shows up as FTTP available on the Openreach website with capability of "up to 1000Mbps".

However, only BT seems to offer FTTP ("Ultrafast Fibre 900") and Vodafone is only showing up with FTTC products for this area (as of June 2020). Right now on the copper line and with the Vodafone Superfast FTTC product, I am getting 2Mbps (and sporadic and unreliable at that). 

As a Vodafone mobile customer (and existing Vodafone broadband customer), I would love to go with Vodafone for FTTP. I can see that Vodafone only seem to offer FTTP via CityFibre (at certain locations), but also see news from various sources that Vodafone will be offering FTTP via Openreach.

When will Vodafone start offering an FTTP product via Openreach, and hopefully offer similar prices to its Gigafast lineup? There are PLENTY of customers who would go with Vodafone if they offered an FTTP product via Openreach. Right now, it seems I would have no choice and would have to go with BT to get the benefits of Full Fibre (of 900Mbps) to the property.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @JamesBand 

It can take a while for other providers to take advantage of Openreach's new infrastructure, but the Website is up to date if you keep checking your postcode here

In regards to the City Fibre, we have selected certain cities for installation and you can also check your postcode along with more information here

View solution in original position

57 REPLIES 57

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

A similar thread @JamesBand 

Superfast-2-with-Openreach-FTTP-ONT. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

That isn't quite the same situation. To clarify, I am already on Vodafone Superfast (via VDSL on the Copper line to the home). It delivers a sporadic and unreliable 1-2Mbps. I have to rely upon my Vodafone 4G connection (Mobile broadband) to be able to do home working.

Openreach have now delivered Full Fibre (FTTP) to this area. There is no ONT in the home, because you have to order an FTTP service from an ISP for the final installation/connection into the property, whether Openreach, CityFibre, Gigaclear or whoever built the fibre line. 

As of now, despite the Openreach checker showing my property as "FTTP Available" and "up to 1000Mbps" in a 1 Stage Install, the Vodafone website checker does not offer me Full Fibre with their Gigafast product.

The BT website shows their "Ultrafast 900" product as available for this house. I am asking when Vodafone will start offering FTTP via Openreach just like they currently offer FTTP via CityFibre (the Gigafast 900 product).

I (and many other customers) would like to go with Vodafone for FULL FIBRE (FTTP) rather than BT. But right now, it looks like we would have no choice but to move to BT.

As a loyal Vodafone customer for mobile for over 15 years, and a broadband customer of several years, I would like to renew/upgrade from FTTC to FTTP with Vodafone. However, this option appears unavailable and there are conflicting reports on the news of whether Vodafone is going to offer FTTP services via Openreach lines alongside their CityFibre offering. Right now, Openreach have (finally) delivered Fibre to this area. 

I had very confusing signals from different "Live Chat" teams on the Vodafone website who mentioned that the Gigafast product would be available soon (within weeks/months) back in December 2019 and January 2020.  Some clarity would be appreciated as to whether Vodafone will offer Gigafast (or an FTTP product in general even if non symmetrical) for customers/properties who are FTTP ready via Openreach's network some time soon, or ever! 

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @JamesBand 

It can take a while for other providers to take advantage of Openreach's new infrastructure, but the Website is up to date if you keep checking your postcode here

In regards to the City Fibre, we have selected certain cities for installation and you can also check your postcode along with more information here

@GemmaP

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, it's just I received conflicting information from the Vodafone Chat team around January 2020 who said that it was imminent alongside the Gigafast rollout.  I will check the Vodafone website checker periodically, but thus far no luck. 

It's just a little frustrating as our property is now fully Openreach FTTP ready, but Vodafone are not yet offering FTTP via Openreach. There doesn't seem to be an indication of when this will happen, despite news articles talking about Vodafone are going to do this. 

I would much rather go with Vodafone for FTTP, but only BT are offering me Full Fibre at the moment. I do hope you all will hurry up and take advantage of the new infrastructure. It would seem prudent to and prevent people going back to BT (which most of us are not particularly keen to do, but may have no choice given the vast difference in speed between 1Mbps and 900Mbps on Full Fibre!). I've been a loyal Vodafone customer with Vodafone mobile for over 20 years and I'd like to go with them for Full Fibre broadband.

Nabs

BT Openreach have enable FTTP on lines in my area however it's not showing up as available on the Vodafone checker (Sky, TalkTalk and BT's are all accepting orders)
@GemmaP  Is there any update on when Vodafone will be accepting orders for FTTP via Openreach?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately not @Nabs. As soon as any updates are available, they'll be posted on our website, so I'd recommend keeping an eye out there. 

Someone in vodafone really needs to decide if you want peoples money.

The service is avaiable via openreach, this just sounds like either A) a commercial decision that your not selling in areas, if this is the case please just be upfront about it B) Someone in your backend teams hasn't updated your databases with areas that openreach now provide it. It would be nice to know who in vodafone actually has the ability to answer this question without the response "watch the website" and if its option B who has the ability to push the correct team into action?

Nabs

@Anonymous 
There are areas near me that have been live for months, Vodafone are the only provider listed by BT https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttp-providers who are not taking orders

As @sismjw  says, If it's a commercial decision then fine, I'll accept that but please be honest. Why would I keep checking a website that never changes when I can switch to Sky and have it installed within a month...
If it's an out of date DB then someone really needs to get on the ball, you're potentially losing 000s of customers!

The irony is the pricing guide here (on vodafones website!) even has my postcode (CF48) listed under "Vodafone full fibre – Openreach postcodes". I nice customer service agent did try to help but sounds like even she got turned around in circles internally while trying to help! She couldn't understand why they couldn't offer it and thought it was an error.