cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

Adster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I was having some issues with my modem/router THG-3000, so I did a factory reset. However, now there is no option to select the wireless channels in expert mode. I need to manually select my 5GHZ channel to achieve max speeds on my wireless.

Was this removed by a recent firmware update or is my router bugged?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

View solution in original position

206 REPLIES 206

@jayach I could find the toggle, I could apply but when the page refreshed the WiFi was still on and the toggle had reset to on. I had to enable both bands to get the toggle to "stick" to being off

Amazing what you can blame on covid. 

Lame excuses 101

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@pintosal wrote:

Amazing what you can blame on covid. 

Lame excuses 101

I'm sure the removal of the user channel selection feature predates covid but who has suggested that Covid is to blame for its removal?  

As far as I recall, it was one of a number of measures introduced to 'smart' the service in order to reduce the support burden.   

Every day a school day eh…?

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@HappyNomad  "Every day a school day eh…?",  I didn't know that you are Canadian 🙂

Reference: https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/eh

You could try emailing the Vodafone CEO, I did a year ago, did not get anywhere, apart from Covid statement.  But maybe they would do something now  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/vodafone-contact-uk-how-make-complaint-customer-s...

Thanks

Cynric

@michaelscar The trouble is that the item in the newspaper is from 2021 and it is partially out-of-date.

Where exactly is this option, please?

@Bobbinaturintoc wrote:

Where exactly is this option, please?

What option are you referring to? If you are posing a question to a specific poster, it's best to use their name or quote the post, otherwise no one knows who you are talking to.

Just upgraded to another BB contract and had to change the modem as landline phones now ONLY connect through the modem - my old one did not have the required ports, therefore I had to change

Being able to change the channel number is essential for me as I live in a flat and there are more networks in close proximity, now I find the ability to change the channel number has gone, as per the original post

I tried downloading the broadband app as suggested, however they seem to have removed the facility to change channel number in there as well

VODAFONE: please restore the ability to change wifi channel number on your routers

Hardware Type & Version is: Vox3.0v

Firmware version is: 19.4.0551-3261103-20211126144629-7efccd9e333e995b72430e4ef45c0f27f265fb5d

CrimsonLiar

Unless there is a specific need to set a static channel or (more commonly) to avoid channels 12 & 13, I've always found that letting the router decide which channel to use provides better results than me picking a channel and sticking to it!

Pre-WiFi4 (before 802.11n) using channels 1, 6, or 11 was preferable, but unless you have seriously old WiFi devices it no longer offers any real benefits.