cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

Adster
3: Seeker

Hello

I was having some issues with my modem/router THG-3000, so I did a factory reset. However, now there is no option to select the wireless channels in expert mode. I need to manually select my 5GHZ channel to achieve max speeds on my wireless.

Was this removed by a recent firmware update or is my router bugged?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

View solution in original position

206 REPLIES 206

I have come across this thread previously when having issues with WiFi channel selection. I see there have been recent posts.

I was running version 4.1.0 if the Android app, but it stopped working for me a couple of days ago and I stupidly updated it to the latest version and now I can't find a version 4.1.0 anywhere. 

I have been running Android 13 and had no issues up til recently. 

Has anyone found a working version recently?

(I'm not new the the forum, but it wouldn't recognise my sign in details)

Jayach
16: Advanced member

You could try a google search, but obviously take the usual precautions with anything you download from a 3rd party source.

vodafone+broadband+app+4.1.0+apk - Google Search

I tried that yesterday. I had bookmarked a third party site that hosted the apk, but it appears to have been removed now. 

No worries, it's not the end of the world.

Cynric

@Thar About logging on to the forum. There was, maybe still is, a problem with the password length requirement. Last year I had a long password but I had to drop characters off of the end, if I remember correctly the limit was 20.

matt-hkjhkjhkjh

This update is awful. It has put both my 5GHz networks on the same channel! Now they both have to share the same frequency so one is blocked while the other is active.

Such a waste of the router hardware. Why would you release an update that makes a product worse?

Now I to buy another router or sit out my contract and switch when previously I was perfectly happy with the service.

@matt "Why would you release an update that makes a product worse?"

I feel the same. Regardless of whether there was enough testing done (I'd guess that it's pretty clear that there wasn't), there certainly wasn't enough communication about this, which would help people to cope.

On the off-chance that these forums inform policy for Vodafone, I'd suggest that there's a review of this change and how it was implemented. It doesn't improve things for everyone. Staff need to be trained to recognise and support the problems caused (the link in my post above shows how I solved my issue) and there needs to be documentation available on the Vodafone website.

As a customer, the change - and how it's been delivered - just seems weird.

All we can do is raise our own formal complaints. In some places I've worked senior managers actually care about them and reprioritise development accordingly.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/home-broadband

Firmware version: 19.2.0307-3261013

Not had any issues with Voda, in fact really liked their app.  Until this morning - a laptop will no longer see the WiFi - 2.4 or 5Ghz.  It needs 2.4.  It can see my neighbours no problem.

After trawling the internet it turns out I need to change the channel.  And the option isn't there... never needed to before with Voda, always had to with Virgin.

I spent ages on phone this morning, lady clearly didn't know what I was on about - and chnaged the content allowance for whatever reason! 

I reset the router, which worked, and then a few hours later it's gone again.  Trying to get a child to homework is hard enough without this.

The rest of my devices are all fine. 

Could the moderators perhaps notice the frustration on this thread and sort it out?

Many Thanks

I think this thread has a solution provided so is no longer monitored.

Just in case I would start a new thread with this issue as I'm sure more people are having problems and voda need to sort it out

You need an older version of the android app. I think it is version 4.1.0.

If you look back in this thread I you should find a link, or just Google for it.

Once you have it installed make sure you disable automatic updates for it in the play store.

You can then use it to change channels on the router. I think the router then remembers and behaved.