cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

Adster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I was having some issues with my modem/router THG-3000, so I did a factory reset. However, now there is no option to select the wireless channels in expert mode. I need to manually select my 5GHZ channel to achieve max speeds on my wireless.

Was this removed by a recent firmware update or is my router bugged?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

View solution in original position

206 REPLIES 206

Thank you!  I did try searching for it, but could only find the normal one.

I found the solution for going to advanced settings on the wireless adapter, but that's not working for me either. 

I've sent a complaint as well.  What an absolute chew on

Try here:

Once it's installed and pair with your router. Go to the WiFi tab and select Advanced Settings

https://www.google.com/amp/s/apkfab.com/vodafone-broadband/eu.reply.cordless.uk/amp

Also, as an earlier post 

https://vodafone-broadband.en.aptoide.com/app

Download & install,  go to wifi, advanced settings, page down to change channel.

You may need to select 2.4 or 5 Ghz on wifi page (mine is split)

Switch updates for the app to off or google will update automatically,  has worked for me for a while.

The 'solution' for this thread is out of date,

That app link is no use if you don't have any Android devices in the house. Maybe Vodafone could send me one with it installed?

Is there a command line interface to the router we could use?

I was lucky enough to have an old Motorola moto E to hand. A relic of an old project running an ancient variant of Android. It can certainly run the voda app tho. Really poor solution, but these kinds of things can be had for only a few quid. Snails pace performance is expected, but at least I can reset my wifi network when the firestick falls off again!

If any Vodafone mods are still listening, please re-instate the channel selection.

Ridiculous that a key troubleshooting lever has been removed from the Expert settings. I mean, why even have Expert settings if you don't trust experts?

Oh my word Mick - I love you!!  worked perfectly - and all my old settings are there!  Could not get the apk files to work with other suggestions.  Shame I can't test it now until Saturday - laptop has gone to Grandma's!  But fairly sure this is what the problem was.

Off the top of your head, so do you know how to turn the auto update off?

Thanks again, 

Lib

Go to Play Store and find Vodafone Broadband App.

Tap the three dot menu (top right) and until auto update

As flykthewiz above, on your android device, Play Store, under the three bars top left - My apps & games.

Page down until you find the Vodafone app, open and top right three dots, untick auto-update.

I have the app on two devices and sometimes have to be careful when google suggests updates.

Router just switched to channel 1 automatically !!!   able to use app to put back on channel 8.

Real pain when devices won't work because of this.

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

When you scroll to the end of this thread (https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Dropouts-with-BBC-over-intenet-radio/td-p/26...) one of the Mods is extolling the virtues of the THG3000 robot changing the channels at will.

I wonder if the THG3000 is related to HAL?