cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

Adster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I was having some issues with my modem/router THG-3000, so I did a factory reset. However, now there is no option to select the wireless channels in expert mode. I need to manually select my 5GHZ channel to achieve max speeds on my wireless.

Was this removed by a recent firmware update or is my router bugged?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

View solution in original position

206 REPLIES 206

You can try forgetting your WiFi connection on your phone and reset the App by clearing its cache and data. 

I hope this helps. 

If that was a reply to me, I tried forgetting the network but will try clearing the cache & data too.

Thanks!

What should happen in the app once it does actually connect/pair?

The App interface does allow you to split the the SSIDs and you can manually select what channels you want to use.

It seems the new Ultra Hub 6E router has the same features (missing) in terms of manual channel selections. On this one the App doesn't help. 

I had the same issue with a Virtual Machine, it could not work out I was on the WiFi, and I found a old Andriod Mobile, but it was too old and unreliable.

I do not know if this will help you.  Split 2 and 5, and then tell 2 to use 20 and 40mhz.  I have put all iphones and tvs on to 5 and leaving computers on 2.  It seems to be helping, not had to reboot the router as much.

You can actually get the channel back, by factory resetting the router, but within 5 minutes it will update and get rid of the dropdown box.  So if someone saved the page and worked out if they could somehow use it, then maybe that would work.

Why call it EXPERT mode, when it is restricted.

Yea,  some of my old equipment won't connect to Voda's choice of channels !! 

as @radumamy  I downloaded and use an old version,  read the whole thread for solution.

Old version app here:

https://vodafone-broadband.en.aptoide.com/versions

You need version 4.1.0    this is an Android app

For some reason Vodafone refuse to see this as a problem.

phoned them this morning and they said "nothing can be done" the router automatically chooses the best channel to use... 

There really needs to be some joined up thinking between the social media team and the technical team. I had the same message from the social media team a year ago and then when I called I had what you have been told from the technical team. 

hardware wise I think the THG3000 is a great router, one of the best on the market at the moment (for an ISP provided device) but the software seriously lets it down. 

i have turned off WiFi completely on my router and I’m using an openwrt access point co-located with the router for my WiFi requirements which solves many of the problems with selecting channels etc.

seems mummy knows best 🙄

Guys, the solution is simple. Please use the Android App and keep the existing router, it works flawlessly. If not, get a BT Home Hub 5 Type A / Plusnet Hub One router, flash openwrt on it and you'll have full control of everything. 

I appreciate you're trying to help here. Just realise not everyone has (1) an Android device hanging around on which they can install an app that exists outside of the Play ecosystem, nor (2) enough ready cash to buy a different access point/router.

Its not unreasonable to expect your home broadband router to work with common devices such as an Amazon firestick.

That's why we're irritated