main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

SOLVED
View solved solution
CaseyTowse
3: Seeker

What an absolute joke! You’ve seen the screen grabs, you’ve heard us all complain - and yet you still bang on about not having confirmation from Vodafone and blah, blah, blah. I’d like a substantial refund for the great speeds I’m unable to use because Vodafone has removed the channels option, rendering my great speeds completely useless! 

View more options
deeayjay
2: Seeker

I am more concerned that the wi-fi analyser pages for 2.4ghz and 5ghz on the router software shows different channels in use from those shown on the main wi-fi sections of the Status page.

This doesn't instill confidence in Vodafone's abilities....

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

I've got the THG3000 router and the wi-fi analyser doesn't show my router at all. Are you sure your not looking at someone else's router.

View more options
deeayjay

Yes, the status page shows the local network  on channel 3 and the 2.4Ghz scanner is showing channel 11...

Screen shots in the attachment

View more options
CaseyTowse

I definitely don’t see such granular data  when I go into mine

View more options
Jayach

@deeayjay

Here are mine. My router is on 1 and 112 as you can see from the SSID screenshots but it doesn't show in the analyser. The GL-MT300M-V2-7cc is also mine used as a AP and has the same output strength as the Voda router, why the Voda didn't choose another channel I don't know.

I'm still suspicious your router isn't one of the 2 shown as the output strength doesn't seem strong enough.

View more options
Jayach

@deeayjay Sorry I now see the name is the same, still seems strange the power is so low, have you got any repeaters as that would explain it.

View more options
nandroidia

Does anyone know if the new 4.2.2 version (30 Sept) of the app has reinstated the option to change the Wi-fi channel? I've got the old version but don't want to update it & then have to roll back again.

View more options
Jayach

I've got 4.2.2 and no you can't choose channels. I doubt they will reinstate that option anytime soon.

Does the speed icon on the app work for anyone? It has never worked for me when I try to use it it gives an error message. "Sorry we're working on an issue". It's always been like that and when I used chat (never again it was horrible) they said it would be fixed in a week, but that was a month ago.

View more options
Flying-Chips
4: Newbie

Hey, how are you able to roll back the router firmware. I can’t find anywhere to download the routers firmware to upload myself?

View more options
nandroidia

I was referring to the phone app, not sure if you can with the router.

View more options
Flying-Chips

Just as an FYI, I'm running and iPhone and a VOX3.0 router. Both the Vodafone Broadband App and Router received updates over the last few days and WiFi channels can now be selected as they could previously.

View more options
mortalskymonkey

That's interesting, thanks for letting us know! 

View more options
nandroidia

Good to know.  What's the new router firmware version?

View more options
Flying-Chips

Take from this what you will, but not sure what’s relevant and irrelevant - 19.2.0307-3261013-20200812152603-87d129527e2b6c5db641b036118778179b03c3da

View more options
nandroidia

Hmm strange that's what mine says but still can't change channels 🤔

View more options
Dr_J

Yup. Looks like the same firmware version on our router, installed today.

I have the same issue, no channel selection. And as others have pointed out some devices (I'm looking at you, FireStick) can't see the higher channel numbers.

This is a very annoying problem, and I'm unsure why dumbing down the router has helped anyone?

(also, is it possible to rename this thread as NOT SOLVED, hmmm?)

View more options
mikeb2

Just to confirm Fly Chips' experience - I now have channel selection on my router, with f/w 19.2.0307-3261013.

Curiously, I'm sure it wasn't there this morning, but after I posted on this forum it appeared, which seems a remarkable coincidence?? My router has been online for 37 days, so it's had this firmware for at least that long.

Sorry I can't help anyone else with it, but it is definitely possible to have the option. Maybe it needs Vodafone to enable it from their end. Only other consideration is that my broadband is on a business account, not sure if that has any relevance though.

View more options
Flying-Chips

To be honest, I’m on a business account as a non-business owner. Potentially that could be the reason. 

View more options
mikeb2

Just logged into my router and the attached banner message was displayed. Not sure if this is related to the manual channels being enabled or something else.

vodafone.jpg

View more options