Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

firmware upgrade in progress

RLHart
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Vodafone connect router has been stuck on ‘firmware upgrade in progress’ for 10 days. I’ve tried restarting with no success. I can’t log in to check settings, and can’t seem to get any new devices working.  Devices that are already connected still works, but speed is poor.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

What is a Vodafone connect router? Is it the THG3000? How do you know it's in a firmware update? Have you tried a factory reset?

Hi.  Its HHG2500.  When I try to log into settings it says it is doing a firmware upgrade, but clearly something has gone wrong.  I haven’t done a factory reset yet; I wanted to avoid that if there was a simpler solution. 
thanks

3D35345A-A087-469D-9219-3FADC22BB66A.jpeg

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@RLHart wrote:

Hi.  Its HHG2500.  When I try to log into settings it says it is doing a firmware upgrade, but clearly something has gone wrong.  I haven’t done a factory reset yet; I wanted to avoid that if there was a simpler solution. 
thanks

I’m rather surprised that the HGG2500 is still supported given their age and the fact that everybody must have had at least one contract renewal since the THG3000G was introduced.  (That is how I came to have my HHG2500 replaced with a THG3000 - both of which I still have albeit both are retired and stored).

I would venture that a factory reset is the only option you have left with a router that's been locked up for ten days.  I'm guessing that VF support would lead to that conclusion too unless they have the ability to intervene at levels somewhere between anything you have tried and the factory reset.

Try the factory reset - if that fails then you will need to contact support with a view to arriving at a router replacement.  

Jayach

I suspect a factory reset will cure it as @HappyNomad says.

However I would try to get Vodafone to send you the THG3000. Have you re-contracted in the last 2 years, or are you running without a contract?

Thanks HappyNomad & others. Factory reset did the trick and wasn’t too painful in the end.  It is an old router.  I’ll see about an upgrade. Thanks again, R