Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

remote connection

shogclia
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a Huawei b818-263 gigacube home broadband router (on 4g mobile signal). I am trying to set up so I can connect to the router when I am away from home but not finding it easy. Is there a guide out there or can some one tell me how to do this? I have done this before on a net gear router and it was straightforward. I tried the vodafone chat but they were not too helpful.. any advice would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @shogclia - thanks for messaging. I'm sorry this hasn't been resolved when you've contacted us before. There should be a set up guide included in the box. If you don't have this, then please get in touch with my team on Social Media. We can then make sure your SIM is active and go through the set up of the GigaCube with you. 

Maybe you misunderstand. My home WiFi is working perfectly. I am trying to see how I can set it up so that I can check remotely, several things such as heating control, webcam and weather data. I don't know how to do this on this router

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shogclia - Sorry that was my mistake there. I've double checked this for you and it isn't possible to control those things remotely using the GigaCube. 

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@shogclia Setup a device to act as a SSH server and make that permit SSH traffic on a high port number (e.g. 52241, number chosen at random). Tell the router to forward SSH traffic to the device and port number. You can then launch from that device to other things on your LAN. You will need to read-up on this and make sure you pay attention to all the security advice or someone you don't want will be in your LAN.