Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log into my account

speedy82
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

When i try log into my account i receive the text and put the security code in but i still cant access acount. I get an error code

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Whats the error code your seeing @speedy82

Is this for both your online and myvodafone app  ?

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can access your Account too and should be able to help. 

Try also clearing your browsers cache and data and or try another browser. 

If the app then if on android phone clear its cache and data. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

wrote:

Whats the error code your seeing @speedy82

Is this for both your online and myvodafone app  ?

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can access your Account too and should be able to help. 

Try also clearing your browsers cache and data and or try another browser. 

If the app then if on android phone clear its cache and data. 

its when i try log in to my account on my mobile and also my laptop . The app is fine. I included a screen shot 

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

I'm getting it all the time at present. The workaround described on https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Windows/Failure-login-to-vodafone-account-due-to-java-lang/m-p/25818... seems to work for me, but keeping the discipline of not using the obvious links is quite hard.

Seems to have been going on for months now. No idea why they don't fix it, as it's not a problem at our end, it's some rubbish programming at their end. I guess they don't care, or at least, not enough.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@speedy82 @ToniCa We'd like to get this resolved for you both so you can access your online accounts.

So we can do this, I've sent you both a private message with details to contact our team. We'll then be in touch to help.

I think the error code is 4139

Hi @CAROLBUCKINGHAM, are you able to send us over a screenshot of the error message that you're getting? Is this just when you try to use the My Vodafone App or the online account as well? 

I'm new to Vodafone and I can't log in to either the app or in browser. Keep receiving a message saying unexpected error on both. I've tried resetting passwords too but it's having none of it. 

Screenshot_20220511-210430_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220511-210417_My Vodafone.jpg

AnnS

Hi @Kirstj895 

I suspect your problems maybe caused with the password change, try clearing your browser history but you may need to speak to Vodafone for them  to  reset the account. 

As far as the application is concerned, if you have topped up and made the first chargeable activity to activate the SIM and the account is active you should be able to  log on. Make sure you are using mobile data for the first log on.

When you speak to Vodafone or use live chat they will also be able to check the application. 

LDT44
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

As already reported on numerous occasions, the 'java.lang.StackOverflowError' messages have been occuring for at least 3-4 months on all three major browsers.

This appears to be a server side problem, first appearing after a website facelift. According to https://docs.oracle.com: "Cause: An exception was not handled by any error handlder (sic).
Action: Contact Oracle Support Services."

From the Vodafone user perspective it is easily overcome. After entering the security code, select OK to clear the error message, then select 'My account (logged in)' again at the top right of the browser display. The display will refressh and account access is granted. Not sure how secure the connection is at this point, but at least account management can now proceed.