Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't send SMS to international numbers

gilbertomorbach
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Greetings,

I have tried three or four times with the chat support but no one could find the problem. 

I cannot send or receive international SMSs (I am in the UK, other numbers tried in Brazil).

1. I have been through the 'message centre' as indicated on the FAQ section and it's all set;

2. Device says messages are 'sent', but they don't get through;

3. I have typed the prefix in different manners already, e.g. +55, 0055, nothing;

4. I have tried different numbers;

5. I have extra credit on my unilimited Pay as you Go bundle;

6. I have been through a number of these chats and they always tell me all is right with the account

7. I have the International extra activated.

Would someone please be able to help me?

Thank you very much indeed!

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @gilbertomorbach 

It sounds like your messages are leaving the UK network for overseas texting but are not being delivered to the overseas network message centre.  Likewise, messages are not leaving the Brazilian network for forwarding onto the UK network.

If you have tried everything this may be down to a routing issue or agreement with the overseas network.  You best bet would be to speak to the Social Team with a link to the thread here Contact Us and let them check your account.

If the recipient is on WhatsApp or an alternative application, you can hop onto WiFi and send a message that way or send as email.

@gilbertomorbach  This may not necessarily be a Vodafone issue, ask your friend to check with his network as well.

Apart from that just hope you're able to solve the problem. 

Have a lovely Christmas 🎄 

Greetings, @AnnS, and thank you so very much for your prompt response. I will try just that!

BandOfBrothers

I can well understand how this would be frustrating @gilbertomorbach 

Being in contact with people is important.

Hopefully this will self resolve.

I'm wondering if there's any setting in the phone that's hindering this.

Can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

Ensure neither of you have inadvertently added your numbers to any relevant text blocking feature 

Until then have you considered Facebook Messenger,  WhatsApp,  Snapchat or even email so at least you can keep in touch. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Greetings, @BandOfBrothers, and thank you very much for your kind reply. I have tried that, and asked my friend to do the same, but it did not work. See, I am getting along fine with WhatsApp and the like, but this one particular friend is older and only uses SMS — I have tried different numbers just for the sake of testing. Still, thank you very much indeed, I appreciate it.

You're very welcome. :Smiling:

Thinking outside of the box a little have you considered using another Vodafone Payg sim card  ( I think you have from what you say ) or even another UK Network's sim card that allows international texts, as long as your phone accepts other network sim cards that is ! Just to test if you can send texts via another network.

I use a Dual Sim phone so I can use two different network sims if needed.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Kat1810
1: Seeker

Hi @gilbertomorbach 

I have the exact same issues now. Were you ever able to resolve this? 

If so, how did you solve the issue? 

Thanks and kind regards

Kat

Hi

This a Vodafone/voxi issue as there are no issues sending from other providers e.g. O2

Vodafone need to sort this out, it has nothing to do with forward messaging in other country's