Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot get 4G on PAYG

varisbloke
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Currently on PAYG (Big Value Bundle) using an iPhone SE (older model) and unable to get 4G.  I'm in an area with decent coverage, and another handset in the household gets a strong Vodafone 4G signal.

I've:

- had 3 chat sessions with Vodafone advisors, who've all confirmed there's no issue with my account and 4G is "active"

- confirmed the mobile network settings are correctly configured in the handset

- had the SIM replaced

- tried the Vodafone SIM in another (known working) handset - to no avail - only 3G connection, not 4G

- tried a SIM from another provider in my handset - gets 4G no problem

I'm running out of options (and patience!).  The handset is in good condition and I've no desire to pay to replace it.

Ideas / advice gratefully received - thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @varisbloke 

This is probably an account issue, despite what Customer Services mention, 4G has not been enabled on your account.  The Social Media Team will get this sorted here: Contact Us 

Thank you!  I've raised a query via FB messenger.  Fingers crossed...

BandOfBrothers

If this was my situation I'd pick up another Vodafone Sim Card , activate it and see if you get 4G on the new Vodafone Payg Sim Card with new mobile number.

If that's the case and you do get 4G on the new Vodafone Payg account then it's then a decision how much time and effort you want to put into trying to get the current payg working with 4G.

If this was my situation for instance I'd consider using up the allowances and then dump the sim card and start again.

Again this is something I would personally choose to do.

It's also dependant if your not OK with changing your mobile number with people you know etc @varisbloke 

That said let's hope the Vodafone Social Media Teams who look at the same account systems the Vodafone Agents have already and perhaps see something the agent hasn't. 

Perhaps ask them to flush your account i.e Reset it ?

I wish you all the best with this situation

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.