Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cant send message with vodafone - error 0

Mccbomber
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been trying to text a specific number from my Samsung A52 but it keeps failing stating "can't send message with Vodafone - error 0". Text messages to other numbers does not bring me up the error message and says they're sent although my friends haven't received them yet (20 mins since sending). 

I've restarted my phone but that hasn't helped. What is can I do? The number I'm trying to get through is a text service I rely on and it's important that I get this resolved 

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mccbomber 

You don't mention if you are PAYG or contract. 

The problem may be a restriction bar on your account, check your online account or  Application check under bars and extras there, you may have a bar for premium rate messages.

If there are still problems, it will need account access, speak to Vodafone through Customer Service channels or follow this link Contact Us for Account Specific Enquiries

@Mccbomber I have moved your thread from Android to the PAYG board.

Thank you for your reply. 

I'm PAYG and I've checked my online account, theres no bars in place. It's a free service so credit isn't an issue. I've also scoured my phone settings for bars etc and found none. 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Mccbomber 

Has this issue just started happening  ?

Can you as a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone to try and rule out the phone as the issue.

I assume your using Samsung Messaging App ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Thank you for your reply @Mccbomber 

Having had a further thought about this since last night, if you have a BVB and the number is a short code it would still be chargeable.   Although a free service there would still be the network charge to be added to send the message.

You can try adding a small amount of credit for out of bundle message charges and see if the message sends.

Other than that, speak to Vodafone and they will check your account.

Hope you get this solved.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Mccbomber - I'm sorry you're having some issues sending texts - out of interest are you able to receive them okay?

As @AnnS and @BandOfBrothers have mentioned, it could be phone or account related. The quickest way to check this is to pop your SIM in another phone, to see if you're able to send them - if you are, then this immediately rules out an account, bar or charging type issue. 

So we can have a chat about it further, please pop my team a message on social media

I've narrowed down the problem to be an issue with the preinstalled Google messenger app and downloaded a different sms service which has been working with the short codes. After It further Internet searching it seems to be a common problem so I will raise it with Google. 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for updating the thread @Mccbomber - I'm pleased to hear you've been able to figure out what's happening. 

If you need anything else, please just let me know 🙂

THG3000-IPv6
4: Newbie

I would also check that you have a correct SMS Message Center Number set:
I think it is:
+447785016005

And it would be in the SMS app somewhere under settings SMSC etc.

But I am not using Android stock SMS App (but instead QKSMS+ that allows long SMS instead of expensive MMS) and now found out I can't check on my phone to confirm as I have uninstall it ;(