Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Changing to PAYG Simply to £10 BVB problem

torgo666
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been trying all day to  to change my plan to the £10 Big Value Bundle, but I keep getting this error message:-

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, there seems to be a problem

Unfortunately, you can't add this product as you have a Freebie

You'll need to opt out of your Freebie, before you can choose another plan.

- [Error ref 1w0]

--------------------------------------------------------

I have already disabled any freebies I had under my original plan, but I still keep getting the same message.

Can anyone help me on this?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It might be an idea to speak with customer services on 191, Live Chat or the Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  as they have full account access to help @torgo666 

As this appears to be account based i don't think earing cache or cookies would help but it wouldn't harm to try.

I don't know when you “ opted out ” but it may take a short while for Vodafone systems to pick up on that which is usually by midnight that sane day so best trying after that 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @torgo666 

That's a strange one, Freebies are a retired product and your account should be be reverted to PAYG 1.

I suspect the reason for this could well be you have tried to purchase a BVB with your credit but the Freebie is in the 30 day period and still valid and although you have disabled any Freebie this needs to be removed from your account manually by Customer Services.

If you are in a hurry live chat will get you a quick response, although Social Channels should respond within 24 hours.

Ah, you might be onto something there.  Even though I disabled the international minutes freebie, my account still shows that I have 100 minutes to use in 17 days.  Unfortunately I no longer have anyone to call who lives outside the UK so I may wait until the time runs out, although I was quite keen to get that special offer of 15GB instead of the standard 3GB.  Oh well.

BandOfBrothers

Yes it is typically the case that even when something is de activated / changed on the account it does not always take immediate effect unfortunately @torgo666 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Yes @torgo666 

As I mentioned you are still in the 30 day period and the Freebie is still active on the account stopping you from opting into the BVB.

However, this is a retired product and there is no reason for Customer Services being unable to manually remove this from your account, at least then you will be able to take advantage of the extra data offer and definitely worth contacting Vodafone through Customer Service channels or through Twitter/Facebook social channels.

When you have managed to opt into the BVB, providing you have sufficient credit, the BVB will automatically roll over, if you don't want it to continue you need to opt out during the 30 day period from the Application, online account or by dialling 2345 and just following the prompts.