Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disconnected phone number

Nataliewilcox
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been on maternity leave, and found my work number disconnected. I now have to reprint all my business cards and contact my clients. Why can I not have my old number back

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Nataliewilcox 

At a guess this is a PAYG number and you are not on a business or pay monthly contract.

If PAYG, the disconnection policy is180 days of not topping up or making a chargeable connection. Vodafone would have sent two texts message notifications before disconnection, you would have had a further 45 days after the second text to take action.  

I would speak to the Social Team, they will advise further here: Contact Us 

BandOfBrothers

@Nataliewilcox 

One a number has been disconnected after non usage of 180 days and then quarantined so it can be given out at a later date or passed to another network, or returned to the original network it was released by if not Vodafone, then a person has approximately 90 days to get the number back.

Call 0333 3040 191 or 191 from a Vodafone phone and ask them to return the number if you fall within that 90 days timeframe.

If not then it's unlikely you will be given the number back unfortunately.

However I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Nataliewilcox, if the number is still available we can get it reactivated for you, just as @AnnS and @BandOfBrothers suggested. Please drop my colleagues over on Social Media a message here. We'd be more than happy to take a closer look to the account for you 👍