cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Got a free SIM. Can't select a PAYG+ plan.

fluffybunnyflip
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone. I am a new customer to Vodafone. I have received a free SIM that I ordered from the website. I have registered the number on the Vodafone website but when I go select a plan, I cannot select a PAYG+. I don't want a big bundle as they don't renew automatically. My husband had that plan and he had to put money on his account every month, rather than it just renewing. I have registered a debit card on my account. Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7

Effie

Hey @fluffybunnyflip I hope you're doing well! In order to get set up on one of the Pay as You Go Plus plans you need to order a SIM and pay for a plan on the website rather than ordering a free SIM. You can find out more about how Pay as You Go Plus works here

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@Effie 

Vodafone do make things difficult, there should be an option on the website for a customer to choose a BVB or select PAYG+, the customer couldn't have possible known PAYG + was on a different page, even the website doesn't make it obvious there is an alternative.

Looking at my application, I select my account, go to my extras, scroll down to PAYG + where Vodafone offer to change the plan to PAYG + and offer an alternative package to the BVB I was on, I only need to click on change plan to be on PAYG +, presumably this is also the same for the online account. From that, Vodafone are now offering PAYG + to existing customers and it's easy to make the change.

If that is correct, what happens to existing credit ?

Any and all feedback for the site and My Vodafone services is always welcome @AnnS as we want to make these journeys as simple and smooth as possible. If the site isn't clear I can absolutely get this raised. Just to confirm though, on the dedicated Pay as You Go page, there are the 2 options; one for adding a free SIM and the other for adding Pay as You Go Plus. In the 'I want a free SIM' box it does state that Pay as You Go Plus plans are not available via this option.

PAYG.png

In regards to existing customers moving to Pay as You Go Plus, this is still currently only available for new customers. I am unsure why your app says you can move over but I can confirm this is a new customer only service for now. 

AnnS

@Effie my Application makes it clear it's easy to change to PAYG +

1000001697.jpg

Thank you for popping over a screenshot, it's very much appreciated. Existing Pay as you go customers can connect to Pay as you go Plus, however they will lose their mobile number as they will have to join as a brand-new customer. Existing Vodafone customers will be able to migrate in summer 2024.

AnnS

Thank you @Jason , the Application does not make that clear.

AnnS

I missed that page @Effie , it doesn't come up on a Google search.  If the banner with Vodafone services was at the top of the page as it used to be on the previous platform, it would be a lot easier to find Vodafone services.